Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Nov 26, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #1,786 of 4,134

For me it was significant, because it is my first AMP!!!
ph34r.gif

It's made by a Hungarian guy and he calls it the "Presenter"..it is a class A amp with OPA2134
The RCA is a Gotham GAC-3...
I like what I hear
cool.gif
even though the source is only my S9's hp out....

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #1,787 of 4,134

Trying to save for a Preamp and speakers and then Amazon does this. 

Significance? It's the last shot I'm giving IEMs before swearing them off forever.

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #1,789 of 4,134

Quote:

Trying to save for a Preamp and speakers and then Amazon does this. 

Significance? It's the last shot I'm giving IEMs before swearing them off forever.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but why didn't you just get the Klipsch X10 for the same price? The TF10's are known for being the kind of IEM that's extremely uncomfortable and hard to get a good seal with. The X10 on the other hand is known for being a extremely comfortable IEM plus they're very easy to get a seal. Factoring in you're more of a bass head then a treble head I'm surprised you didn't jump all over the X10's.

Nov 27, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #1,790 of 4,134
Figured I'd give this much loved IEM a shot. I've just never heard it and was curious. To be honest I might hear them or use them for a few days and just swear off IEMs forever. I've never had much luck with them. So...keep and eye out on my FS stuff as they might pop up there soon. 

I've been curious about the TF10 since I started posting here and thought why not try them for 100 bucks. Really my only resigning behind the purchase.

Quote:
I don't mean to rain on your parade but why didn't you just get the Klipsch X10 for the same price? The TF10's are known for being the kind of IEM that's extremely uncomfortable and hard to get a good seal with. The X10 on the other hand is known for being a extremely comfortable IEM plus they're very easy to get a seal. Factoring in you're more of a bass head then a treble head I'm surprised you didn't jump all over the X10's.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #1,791 of 4,134

Just got a M-Audio 192 professional sound card, use it for DAC, ADC, and MIDI interfacing with my keyboard. Payed 70 bones for it on Head-fi's For Sale forums and absolutely love it, pairs great with my Shure 940. Significant because it is my first non-stock DAC and its ADC will let me get great vinyl rips and possibly start a home studio, and the MIDI interfacing really improves my FL Studio experience, whether that will lead me to creating a full song or not, i do not know.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #1,792 of 4,134

I purchased a new frame for this painting. It was done by a close family friend. He asked if I wanted any of his prints...prints...

I ended up with some originals and this is one of my favorites of his. It was framed is a horrible (and expensive) gold frame. I think this looks 10x better and should be on my wall soon.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #1,793 of 4,134

Quote:

I purchased a new frame for this painting. It was done by a close family friend. He asked if I wanted any of his prints...prints...

I ended up with some originals and this is one of my favorites of his. It was framed is a horrible (and expensive) gold frame. I think this looks 10x better and should be on my wall soon.

I'd like to trek there! 
popcorn.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #1,794 of 4,134
dsc0017vi.jpg

Significant because it's my first venture into separates and I finally escaped my cheap receiver.

Sadly, that's not my picture. I wish I had the gear in the background in my house as well as these two.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #1,797 of 4,134
I've got a bunch of new gear that I'm excited about, along with some others that I'm not impressed with.... but I won't bore you with those (nor will I be hanging on to them for long). Here are the ones worth mentioning. Note that I've recently sold a bunch of stuff, which is where I got the budget for these purchases. I'm not just running out and spending like crazy. 

Yulong Audio Sabre D18 DAC

Flagship DAC from the company that brought us the excellent D100 DAC. This bad boy packs an ES9018 Sabre DAC from ESS Technologies, as well as balanced outputs (but NO USB input - keeping it old school!)

Kao Audio UD2C-HP

New company comprised of former engineers from Asus. This DAC is quite interesting. I features a built in headphone amp section with a dedicated DAC chip, separate from the DAC chip used for the analog outs. It has USB and coaxial SPDIF inputs, and is tiny. Not uDac tiny, but getting there. The architectural design and unique texture looks very cool in person. 

Yixin MDS-623 tube buffer

I got this little thing to add some warmth to a lower quality source in a spare bedroom. Also, I've always wanted to mess with a tube buffer. This one can also be used as a pre-amp but I'm not doing that for now. 

Audio Technica W1000X

Love these! They replaced my W1000 which was already very nice sounding. These remind me of my old W2002 in that they are more universal for different types of music, yet also have elements of the W1000 in that they are extra sweet with vocals, jazz, etc. Plus they look amazing. 

Heir Audio customs IEMs

Last but certainly not least. This is a newly launched high end custom IEM company, and I predict that they are going to be huge. I got a reshell done of my old LiveWires Trips, with custom wood faceplates done in a stunning bamboo inlay. I liked them so much that I went ahead and ordered the flagship 4-way 8-driver Heir Audio 8.A with carbon fiber faceplates. 

More to come from me, including ridiculously long winded reviews (as usual) for most of this stuff. Look for individual threads coming soon. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #1,799 of 4,134
Bought that Ibanez guitar a couple of weeks ago, finally found a nice starter amp. Playing an electric without the amp isn't quite as fun! Got this little guy for $25, which was a sweet deal. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #1,800 of 4,134

Quote:
I'm guessing without USB we're gettin multiple Coax ins? Also, does it come in black? Really interested.

Nope, old school DAC style, with just three inputs total: coaxial spdif, toslink, and AES/EBU. Up to 24/192 on each of them, although Toslink is realistically limited to 24/96. It does come in black but I chose silver. 

Like most of this stuff, I'll have a dedicated thread coming soon, once I have more pictures and more listening time in. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back