Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Dec 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #1,831 of 4,134
The sub can be hooked up to either 125 (110, whatever) or 250, just need to switch out the fuses and use a power cord designed for 110. Since I didn't get one in the box, just the 250, I wanted to make sure I get one with a proper rating so I don't blow the fuses or the sub. I should be good then with any 125 volt cord? Not sure if I exactly followed what you were saying. Thanks for the help though! (and Bob :D)

I didn't even realize your ratings were just for the connectors and not the cable. You should be perfectly fine for the cable. So I assume your fuses will be the only thing to even consider, but it may be designed to run on both and have a dual fuse setup. Check the fuse info and be sure you are set for a 120V input and not a 240V system there if it has a single setup.

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #1,832 of 4,134
I didn't even realize your ratings were just for the connectors and not the cable. You should be perfectly fine for the cable. So I assume your fuses will be the only thing to even consider, but it may be designed to run on both and have a dual fuse setup. Check the fuse info and be sure you are set for a 120V input and not a 240V system there if it has a single setup.

Cool, thanks for the reply sml1226. Yeah there's a switch so you can change between 110 and 230 and a plastic fuse box you can remove to switch out fuses easily. Fuses should be here tomorrow. Wish I didn't live in an apartment building. :wink:

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #1,833 of 4,134
Bought a lot of stuff lately, but this is the latest thing to arrive: audio technica a900 (photographed with nikon d700+sigma 50mm macro).

When I get around to it, I'm going to post up a review/comparison between beyerdynamic dt770, sony xb700+xb1000, ultrasone pro 2900 (with & without moon audio black dragon cables), audio technica m50 + a900 + w1000x and the shiit asgard. I just have to photograph everything + the w1000x hasn't arrived yet.

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #1,840 of 4,134
I'd met him at the Austin meet earlier in the year, and I talked to him and went to pick it up.

Quote:
Hmm I would like to get a loaner. It's one of the few amps I've haven't heard as yet. Did you just ask him to send you the loaner?

I'd certainly try, but because I'm in Austin and their HQ is here I think I might have just gotten a lucky break.

Quote:
I would love to try it before ordering one.  I will give Alex a ring to see if that is possible.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #1,841 of 4,134
Well I'm not interested in purchasing one. It would be tough to convince him to send me one
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #1,844 of 4,134

Quote:
I'd met him at the Austin meet earlier in the year, and I talked to him and went to pick it up.

I'd certainly try, but because I'm in Austin and their HQ is here I think I might have just gotten a lucky break.

I even pays for shipping, I want to see how it compare WA22 and beta22.  I know a lot of WA22 owners jumps ship and get the LF but I need to heard it to believe.  A meet is nice but not with my sources...

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #1,845 of 4,134
Christmas present for my little bro (his first foray into head-fi).  He's been wanting better headphones for a while know, came to my yesterday and said "I think I'm gonna get some Beats!".  I was like
blink.gif
something must be done. 

Also, got a ticket to the national championship game for meself (student ticket) :D :D :D no picture as I pick it up in Nawlins.  Here we go Tide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back