Portable amp below $50?
Jan 2, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #31 of 55

Quote:
And yes I can not wait for my srh940 to come. I bought it on amazon used - like new from someone. He is including the receipt in the box for warranty purposes
smily_headphones1.gif
. The bad thing was he was on vacation and didn't bring the cans with him >
frown.gif
So he wouldn't be able to ship it until 10 days later
mad.gif
. Its coming this friday... hopefully

haha :) very good neutral can's. Not a whole lot of bass. But good studio-refrence monitors that can be used for studio and rock purposes :)
I hate when that happens. You want ALAC for ur ipod, but ur other device won't support it :frowning2:. Ehh doesn't matter. Do ALAC. Put music on ur ipod classic and don't put any on Droid X. you won't need the Droid X for music anyways.

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #32 of 55
yep, thats once I get the classic :p. I just remembered I have a 3gen 8gb ipod nano from a long time ago I should start using again. With my skullcandy titans I was using when I got the droid there was no difference at all in SQ. Ill get the LOD and use the pod with the E7 and I will be rolling. To bad my music collection is about 3 times the capacity of the ipod...

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #33 of 55
Awesome, another person saying they are good for rock. :D. That is all I listen to. BUT I am starting to get into 1 rap band (I can guarantee my liking of rap is not going to grow... I hate 99% of it), the Flobots. I like their views on politics etc, so I listen :D. They aren't bass heavy, and they sound great on my ety HF5. Will songs like this sound good on the SRh940?

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bOVuRofd2o[/VIDEO]

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #34 of 55

Quote:
Awesome, another person saying they are good for rock.
biggrin.gif
. That is all I listen to. BUT I am starting to get into 1 rap band (I can guarantee my liking of rap is not going to grow... I hate 99% of it), the Flobots. I like their views on politics etc, so I listen
biggrin.gif
. They aren't bass heavy, and they sound great on my ety HF5. Will songs like this sound good on the SRh940?

yes. the bass is not overpowering. the vocals and the highs should come out. if you can get a good copy of it. bewarre though. lesser known bands/artists usualy don't sound as good since their masterings and recording equipment isn't as good.
Shure's and Grado's are mainly for rock and non bass heavy music. The Shure DJ headphones are the exception. 

Most songs you can kinda tell if they will sound good or not. Most mainstream music have these....... moments on audiophile headphones.

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #35 of 55
yes. the bass is not overpowering. the vocals and the highs should come out. if you can get a good copy of it. bewarre though. lesser known bands/artists usualy don't sound as good since their masterings and recording equipment isn't as good.
Shure's and Grado's are mainly for rock and non bass heavy music. The Shure DJ headphones are the exception. 

Most songs you can kinda tell if they will sound good or not. Most mainstream music have these....... moments on audiophile headphones.

I have a good copy of it. They are a pretty well know band, and I have the album in flac. It sounds great on my ETY HF5 as I said, so it will probably sound good on the srh940 :D

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #37 of 55

Quote:
I have a good copy of it. They are a pretty well know band, and I have the album in flac. It sounds great on my ETY HF5 as I said, so it will probably sound good on the srh940
biggrin.gif

enjoy :)

Quote:
Just USB in. Has no battery so couldn't work off just an Aux-in anyway. 

Well... There are destkop wired amps that have Aux In. Like the E9. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #39 of 55

Quote:
Sure. But the E10 isn't one of them was all I was saying. The ones that work just off an Aux in have their own power supplies and don't rely on USB for power as far as I know. 

haha yeah. u didn't elaborate enough the first time around but i know u knew. i just ..had to comment on that i guess so the guy doesn't think that AUX absolutley needs a power source. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #40 of 55

Quote:
haha yeah. u didn't elaborate enough the first time around but i know u knew. i just ..had to comment on that i guess so the guy doesn't think that AUX absolutley needs a power source. 

Haha I'm pretty new at this, but even I know that much. 
biggrin.gif

So PomPWNius, I hope you've found your answer from these two knowledgable folks. I feel like we're just going to get more and more off topic. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #42 of 55
Jan 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #43 of 55

Quote:
Um I thought we already learned this? And lol the first 3 times I read this I thought you said it was confuirmed that the srh940 sounds better without an amp.. I was like....wut?

oh i thought you didn't know and sorry man. I do too many threads and answer too many people. I get many people confused since most people ask for similar thigns

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #45 of 55

Quote:
Its all good. And by the way thats the second time you said "I do too many threads and answer too many people" in this thread lol
biggrin.gif

sorry, but yes i hope u are satisfied with ur amp. If you have any additional questions. You can reply back into this thread. Whithin a day of this post. (i won't see it after) if it's like over 2 days and u have new questions. Just PM me and I will help u to the best of my abilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back