Poll: How many hours a week do you JUST listen?
Aug 22, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #16 of 45
I generally listen to an album or two in bed before I go to sleep, so anywhere between 40 minutes and 2.5 hours a night. JUST listening is really the only way that I truly enjoy it, I'm the world's worst multitasker so I really have to dedicate my attention to something if I'm going to get anything out of it. I don't feel the need to put a soundtrack to my life, the only other times I listen at all are usually when I'm walking or biking, and occasionally when I'm on the computer.

Aug 25, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #20 of 45
8-10 hours a day if I can.

Edit I would say 5 hours a week of critical listening. I don't tend to analyze my music I just listen and enjoy.

Aug 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #21 of 45

Quote:
8-10 hours a day if I can.

Edit I would say 5 hours a week of critical listening. I don't tend to analyze my music I just listen and enjoy.

I was gonna say...

Aug 25, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #22 of 45
Using my headphones, 2 to 3 hours daily. 
with my speakers, mostly on wkds..when im home. 
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #24 of 45

Quote:
I can't believe how little you guys listen to music. I listen to an album or two, very seriously a day.. many times 3 or 4 or more. Guess I've got too much time on my hands atm. 

It really all depends. You excluded passenger transit time from critical listening, which I do 30 minutes of daily. From 3-12 PM I have music constantly playing, but not critically. It's not background music, but I don't care what it sounds like. In fact, the grand majority of my music listening is on 30 dollar logitech speakers, and I'm okay with that.

Now that school has started, I have about four-seven hours of homework a night, and the other time is spent talking with friends over the internet or sleeping. I don't have time for critical listening.

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #25 of 45

Quote:
It really all depends. You excluded passenger transit time from critical listening, which I do 30 minutes of daily. From 3-12 PM I have music constantly playing, but not critically. It's not background music, but I don't care what it sounds like. In fact, the grand majority of my music listening is on 30 dollar logitech speakers, and I'm okay with that.

Now that school has started, I have about four-seven hours of homework a night, and the other time is spent talking with friends over the internet or sleeping. I don't have time for critical listening.

Same here. I probably have the same speakers to.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #26 of 45
I usually do my critical listening when I get my hands on new material. Depending on how much new music I get each week it can fluctuate quite a bit. Most of my listening otherwise is when I'm playing MMO's or Pokemon 
biggrin.gif
. Soon that list will include studying and homework.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #27 of 45

Quote:
I usually do my critical listening when I get my hands on new material. Depending on how much new music I get each week it can fluctuate quite a bit. Most of my listening otherwise is when I'm playing MMO's or Pokemon 
biggrin.gif
. Soon that list will include studying and homework.

Mine is quite the opposite actually. I get about 10-20 new albums a week and I never listen critically the first time through.

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #28 of 45
10+ but then again right now i don't really have a life. ^^^ If you guys have good headphones why would you listen to Logitech speakers? I have logitech speakers but i rarely listen to them so i haven't upgraded.

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #29 of 45

Quote:
10+ but then again right now i don't really have a life. ^^^ If you guys have good headphones why would you listen to Logitech speakers? I have logitech speakers but i rarely listen to them so i haven't upgraded.

Mostly convenience. I don't like the feeling of having headphones on my head all the time. Also I like the world to hear my music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back