Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Mar 1, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #722 of 2,535
Sorry, but where did you find 300r for 299 usd?

I was referring to the 100R that is now heavily discounted. Sorry for the dangling participle, it as not suppose to come out that way.

my original post was the 100R vs the 300r and the differences.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #723 of 2,535
Hello, anybody tried 300r with HD650 in balanced mode? I wonder if it has enough power to drive it without a need of external amp. I'm afraid it doesn't...

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #725 of 2,535
Hello, anybody tried 300r with HD650 in balanced mode? I wonder if it has enough power to drive it without a need of external amp. I'm afraid it doesn't...

I tried it for a very short while with the Venture Electronic cables. Unfortunately the cables were unbelievable hard to disconnect and getting it connected properly was also a bit wonky.
For me the sound of the HD650 was good with enough power. I had the volume equalizer on.

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #726 of 2,535
Sudsenly the stock music app is constantly crashing. A pop up window apears saying the music app has stopped working, and gives the option to click "ok" or "report". Either way it closes the app. When I open it again it is back at the main menu instead of what I was listening to. It does this about 20 mins in everytime I play something. Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

UPDATE: It seems this only happens frequently when using a app called "GO Power" while charging. Using it to conserve the battery causes no problems, and does in fact save battery life, but for some reason using it when charging results in the stock music app crashing. Not using the GO Power app while charging seems to have fixed the issue.

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #727 of 2,535
I recently received by mail the official Pioneer case, and a 2.5mm balanced headphone cable for my Sennheiser HD580 headphones from Forza AudioWorks. I am very pleased with both items. If anyone has any questions about the official case, or the balanced cable feel free to ask.

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #728 of 2,535

I have a pair of DT880 600ohm that i drive using 3.5mm since no balanced cable. With gain set to high it gets satisfying loudness. HD650 is 300ohm so it should go louder with even 3.5mm. With balanced you have twice the amp juice.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #729 of 2,535
UPDATE: It seems this only happens frequently when using a app called "GO Power" while charging. Using it to conserve the battery causes no problems, and does in fact save battery life, but for some reason using it when charging results in the stock music app crashing. Not using the GO Power app while charging seems to have fixed the issue.

Just turn off the unneeded features yourself. All those better/faster/last longer apps are just not needed. Android can manage it's own. Most of the time these apps introduce all kinds of unwanted side effects.

Just got a mail from Amazon Japan, because of lower tax I get a couple of Euro's back. Now the unit is even cheaper 
biggrin.gif

I also got a Linum Balanced cable (traded with another HF'er) and my Null-Audio Brevity Balanced cable. Certainly have a enough to play in the next days/weeks.

Mar 5, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #730 of 2,535
I've been tinkering with the EQ while using my Senheiser HD 580's. Kept sounding like something was missing. I discovered that turning off the DSP function dramatically improved the sound. It now sounds clearer and closer. Why is this? Even when I put the EQ on flat and club boost off, then turn the DSP function on/off it still sounds dramatically better off. What else does the DSP function alter besides the EQ?

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #731 of 2,535
A picture of popular setup with an teac ha-501 desktop amp driving HD800. Source is 2.5 balance line out from dpx1a.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #733 of 2,535
A little brother is coming 

http://pioneer-headphones.com/japanese/dap/xdp-30r/

Can anybody tell if it has the same usb otg function to connect to any external dac as the 300R?

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #734 of 2,535
  A little brother is coming 

http://pioneer-headphones.com/japanese/dap/xdp-30r/

Can anybody tell if it has the same usb otg function to connect to any external dac as the 300R?

Yes, it does.
Main difference is that you can't install Android apps on it like the xdp-300r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back