Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #13,412 of 37,704
My Local Vape Shop is also a cafe/lounge, 
One of the staff there is a good friend and an audiophile, I'll have to see what he thinks about a Vape/Coffee/Listening Meet thing....

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #13,413 of 37,704
I really have no idea why we have e-cigs in this thread. Not only is there no link with audio, but there is nothing interesting about it. It would be the same if I posted audio gear next to an electronic nose tweezer.

Am I missing something or is it supposed to be cool?

I think its interesting. As a smoker, I'd like to know more about it. Could someone PM me about this please? thanks

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #13,414 of 37,704
Guys ..maybe its good idea to start a Vaping Thread ....
tongue.gif

There already is I believe, Gimme a few minutes...

Aug 20, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #13,417 of 37,704
The Silver Cypher Labs Picollo just arrived in the local stores today, collected it after work today and I have taken some not so good photos. Will take proper ones this coming weekend. Initial feel is I prefer the AK120 + Fiio E11K Combo as it has more bass and soundstage seems wider than the Picollo.....anyone has similiar views? The Picollo seems to have a congested soundstage......

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #13,420 of 37,704
Not Rudi Stage, But thought I'ld dig out some of my gear and get some up to date photos of my collection up. 
This is not everything as those of you who know me, know.

Anyway, Heres some of my favourite gear and I also decided to give the SOLO>HA-50p Combo a try...... ( Im probably the first to do so too. )

Look Cool Paul
I like CL solo original
In My opinion is CL Best DAC For idevice

How is The SQ from Your Tube amp ?

Aug 20, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #13,422 of 37,704
Look Cool Paul
I like CL solo original
In My opinion is CL Best DAC For idevice

How is The SQ from Your Tube amp ?

Its not High End and its quite a rough and ready sound at the moment, 
I really need to sit down for a good couple of hours with it, Let it warm up and try some harder to drive cans with it.
Its a pretty powerful little amp and I find its too much for my Amperiors, HD25's etc...

Ill never get rid of the SOLO! 

Thanks Rudi :)

Aug 20, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #13,423 of 37,704
I cannot sleep Without heard My music
biggrin.gif

Ive been like it since the age of 5. 
So Ive had Big Bulky walkmen beside me, Then the Slimmer walkmen, 
Then I went onto the Diskman, Followed by Minidisc.
I also had a few portable radios but they were *****!! lol
And I had an old BSR turntable at my bedside when I was 8. 

When I look back I wish I had taken photos and kept them, 

But back then an 8 year old wouldn't think to take 35mm photos of his "gear" for use over 20 years later... :/

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #13,424 of 37,704
They ARE posting pics of audio gear, just they like to vape while listening. It would be the same as enjoying a latte or hot tea or whiskey or beer while listening (which many people do post pics of). If they were just posting about vaping that would be different, but they're not. So quit being a dolt.

Please do not be insulting, I doubt you would do it face to face.

It is not what I come here to see and find it lame. Besides thinking it is cool is quite pathetic. This forum is populated by kids and it is hard enough to stop smoking, so make it look cool to these kids is harmful. But if you like pics of metal pipes and plastic bottles of nicotine have blast.

I will not answer further posts on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back