Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 1, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #21,304 of 37,706
It came with the Fiio E12 amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I have an E12 also, but the cable it came with looks nothing like yours.

Yeah, from all the unboxing and reviews etc. I have seen they all came with the cable you got.

Not sure if the latest batch of E12's ship with the shorter 3.5mm cable, which is exactly the same one that's included with the Q1 amp:

DSC00670.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #21,306 of 37,706
First proper Listening session today after a year. ( As i explained earlier the other day ) 

These cans were the last Headphone's I purchased. I had them custom built.
They are a pair of Senn-Grado's. Sennheiser drivers in a pair of custom made cups ( Wood is Lignum Vitae. ) ( You will find the details/spec in a thread dedicated to the build on my profile ) 
Custom made cable terminated in an iBasso balanced connector. The balanced to single ended adaptor cable is a Toxic Cables White Widow.
Rockbox'd iPod Video 5.5g - Toxic Cables LOD - Topping NX1.
The amp is a cheap little thing that punches way above its weight.
The sound is so crisp and clear, NO hiss detectable. noise levels are literally through the floor!
Lows are tight and not too overwhelming, Mids are slightly more emphasised than I usually like, Yet with these having a beautiful crystal crisp high end, Its balanced out nicely.
Currently listening to a FLAC version of Lavinia Meijer - Passaggio - Einaudi By Lavinia ( 2013 ) in 450kBit. And the harp is astonishing to hear. :) 

The length of the chord is due to these originally being designed as my Front Room "Lounger" cans. 

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #21,307 of 37,706
Oct 2, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #21,312 of 37,706
Oct 2, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #21,315 of 37,706
is there a consensus of what the best portable amplifier is? I've heard my friends FIIO. that sounded pretty amazing for a portable rig. 

It's more about setting a budget, and finding the best within that budget.

There are often a few great choices at each price bracket. But first you must figure yours out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back