Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jun 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #5,296 of 7,509
I actually just received a 4'x1' piece of vinyl carbon fiber print. Gonna do some pimping of a few pieces of gear. I am trying to find some wood prints though, I have a few ideas for it if I can find some.
Quote:
Why didn't I think of that! That is probably the best looking ZO :D

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #5,298 of 7,509
Sometimes that's all you are able to do.....find me some actual carbon fiber I can have made to replace key elements of an item and i'll jump all over it. 
Quote:
Don't you guys find 'fake' materials a bit tacky? Sure, nothing beats fancy woven carbon structures... but a plastic sticker imitating it?

I plan to cover my otterbox for my AS-2's in the carbon fiber print. And I've literally had a dream where I had a wooden enclosure for the ZO2, so I kinda wanna do my best to make it a reality. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #5,299 of 7,509
Quote:
Don't you guys find 'fake' materials a bit tacky? Sure, nothing beats fancy woven carbon structures... but a plastic sticker imitating it?

There's a young kid in my area that has a big sticker on his little Honda Civic to make people think he has a carbon-fiber hood. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #5,300 of 7,509
Quote:

I guess that depends on how neat the job is done..

Quote:
There's a young kid in my area that has a big sticker on his little Honda Civic to make people think he has a carbon-fiber hood. 
biggrin.gif

Lol!

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #5,302 of 7,509
Quote:
Haven't put pix up here in awhile so thought I'd show what show what I was doing today....

I was reviewing the Ortofon eQ-5 & eQ-7 along with my FitEar TO GO! 334 & Unique Melody Merlin's. DAP/Amp is the iBasso DX100 & ALO Audio Rx Mk3 :-

Very nice gear. I have lusted after the Fit Ear to go ever since I first saw them, but I think sadly my dream shall go un fulfilled unless a lottery win falls in my lap.  :C

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #5,303 of 7,509
Quote:

Quote:
If done well the Faux Carbon Fiber looks really good. When you can't tell it's actually fake...

I agree with both of you.

Looking at the Valab 3.5mm Jack im not 100% that it is real carbon fibre - the 'weave' pattern doesnt look right to my eyes. I think it may be a machined ( like a 'jewelled' finish - but a different pattern ) and plated finish on metal with a black enamel or something over the top. But it still looks great.

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #5,304 of 7,509
Quote:

Very nice gear. I have lusted after the Fit Ear to go ever since I first saw them, but I think sadly my dream shall go un fulfilled unless a lottery win falls in my lap.  :C

Cheers. The FitEar's my main IEM these days. But occasionally I do switch over to the UM Merlins too. The Ortofons are for testing.

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #5,305 of 7,509
Quote:

Just goes to show how tacky the shiny plastic felt on the Zo v1 that i like it better in both feel and appearance with the sticker.  Each to there own though i see it as a way to protect my device.

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #5,306 of 7,509
iPhone 4 --> P-51 Mustang + Beyerdynamic MMX101iE.

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #5,307 of 7,509

And next to the old workhorse - Etymotic ER-4S:

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #5,308 of 7,509
457913b9-46f1-2a67.jpg

Just got a new case.

iPhone 4 with the ATH-CKM500i. The case is the SGP Neo Hybrid 2S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back