Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #6,573 of 7,509
Quote:
I spy a very familiar 64GB microSD card.
beerchug.gif

Wow. Nice Miku.
Is that a case, or is that printed on the actual body?

thats a skin on the actual body that was included in the miku edition vita.

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #6,574 of 7,509
Yeah it's an E5, you can see the volume rocker and bass boost switch.

I think the main reason people use silicon cases is because it prevents finger smudges and prints getting all over the player. Also the fact that sweaty hands make these players quite slippery. So by using a case it becomes easy to hold along with a better feel to the hand and touch.

With new cases they need time to break in and soften up, that's why it's hard to find the correct menu buttons at first. Once they settle into the players buttons and curve they're a lot easier to use. I like the black one on my Clip+ it's very cool. Watch out for cheaper cases that cover the volume rocker as they can make a louder clicking noise for some reason.

And....on with the pictures :)

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #6,575 of 7,509
Quote:
Why do you put a silicone case on your Sansa clip? The thing is lighter than a feather and costs like 40 bucks haha. Dropping it doesn't hurt it.

it came for free when I bought it.
Quote:
Because it pimps it up man!!
deadhorse.gif

^^ TRUE :D

Quote:

I tend to agree. I had one on an older Clip+ I had for about a week, and I took it off, because when operating it blindly, I kept ending up in the wrong menu...lol.

On the other hand, I can't fault somebody for protecting a player they enjoy, either.
smile_phones.gif
I

Now I got used to it, I can feel the groove of the silicon which perfectly sits in line with the pads of the clip+

Quote:
What is underneath that clip+
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

its the fiio e5

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #6,576 of 7,509
Sep 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #6,577 of 7,509
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it but it's a Fiio E5. 
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #6,578 of 7,509
I'm pretty sure it's a fiio e5, if no one has spotted it out yet.

XD

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #6,579 of 7,509
Spotted it a mile away. Fiio E5

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #6,580 of 7,509
Quote:

Special thanks to H20Fidelity (I believe he was the 1st one to mention using them) for the plumber O-Rings suggestion for packaging the rig together. :)

Allow me to correct that info, as I believe it was cogsand gears who first mentioned that use for the O-Rings some time ago... 
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #6,581 of 7,509
You may have already seen this:

My tiny portable rig consisting of a Sansa Clip+, Fiio E6, the short interconnect that came with the E6 (for now) and a piece of velcro to keep it together. Great little rig, but not the best to put in your pocket. I think it needs a home...

*Thinking hard...* hmmmmmm... Ah! *bright idea* followed by *rummaging through box of photo stuff in the attic*

Enter the Lowepro Apex 10 AW. A nice little camerapouch with reenforced outside, belt loop and a very soft, padded, 2 compartment interior with extra mesh pocket + velcro closed memorycardpocket.

And it has a built in raincover too...

The Clip+ lives in the front compartment of the pouch, clipped to the memorycardpocket, this keeps the slightly sensitive powerbutton well away from anything that might accidentally push it. The cord of the UM3X is rolled up and stored in the mesh pocket. The earpieces are below the Clip+, which puts them safely behind the reenforced part of the pouch for extra protection.

The E6 lives in the back compartment, the interconnect cable can easily pass between compartments as they are separated by a (very soft) padded divider, which is only fixed at the bottom. Only downside: E6 power/EQ button is hard to reach, you need to pull the E6 up to get to it.

There's enough space left in the back compartment to store some extra cables (currently just a longer 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect I use to hook up the Clip+ to my car audio system), but there's plenty space for e.g. a mini USB cable to charge the Clip+ & E6. Also I could use this space for the UM3X and use the mesh pocket for some spare silicones or Complys...

It adds a little bulk, and while it won't fit in the pocket of your pants (unless you wear those silly pants where your ass hangs out and the crotch hangs on your knees), it is still small enough for a coat pocket. And ofcourse, it gives me some peace of mind, knowing that my little rig is nicely protected.

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #6,582 of 7,509
Quote:

Where did you get that case for classic? Looks like a generic case, but it looked really good in that picture for some reason.

Actually, it's a Belkin [discontinued] silicone case for iPod 5g and 5.5g. Ebay still has a few up for sale.

color]

size]

Quote:
Quite nice mate!

Thanks mate! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back