Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 2, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #6,542 of 7,509
Yeh mine is a 4gb, expandable with micro sd ( currently using a 32gb card with it, no problems or formating needed).

Sound is very good so far and will go into more depth when i do a review, stock sound much prefered to cowon and ipod.  Its incredibly clean.  Build quality is excellent and havent had one hicup with the OS yet, simple and smooth as butter (ill do a 1 min youtube vid when im back in uk).

Sounds good so far, looking forward to it.

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #6,543 of 7,509
Quote:

Portable!   IPC>Fostex HP-P1>HD25-1 add lake and stir!

I have never really thought about this before but I guess I never ever listen to music when I'm at a place like that, I wouldn't want to miss out on the tranquility, the sound of the water lapping against the boat, the birds, nature n' all that stuff that helps you relax. I only ever listen to music when I'm some place noisy, which is where I am 99% of the time. I guess I would rather be unplugged when I'm relaxing like that. But I can imagine that with no distractions you really get into the music more, just bobbing around on the lake.

Sep 2, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #6,544 of 7,509
Quote:

That doesn't sound like a good idea at all... If you really want to get rid of your rig that badly, don't throw it in a lake and stir, just PM me for my mailing address, I'll even cover the shippingcost!
biggrin.gif

OK, OK...add lake as AMBIANCE and stir......
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #6,545 of 7,509
Quote:

I have never really thought about this before but I guess I never ever listen to music when I'm at a place like that, I wouldn't want to miss out on the tranquility, the sound of the water lapping against the boat, the birds, nature n' all that stuff that helps you relax. I only ever listen to music when I'm some place noisy, which is where I am 99% of the time. I guess I would rather be unplugged when I'm relaxing like that. But I can imagine that with no distractions you really get into the music more, just bobbing around on the lake.

Since I live on this lake, I get plenty of that as well. As I was sitting there we were watching the eagles fishing (and doing a better job than we were!) and the loons hanging out.  An awesome day on the lake!

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #6,547 of 7,509

my new main portable rig: limited ps vita+ie80.

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #6,549 of 7,509
Sep 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #6,553 of 7,509

Here is my current portable rig.  Really liking it.  I really like the blackness of it....might have to get less blingy IEMs.

Special thanks to Macedonian Hero for selling me his Tomahawk....and a guy at work for selling me his 5.5g ipod.

Total cost of this rig is around $375...for all the newbies...you don't have to spend a ton to get good sound.  Everything was bought new with the exceptions being the Tomahawk and $52 for the iPod.  MTPC come from the Visions sale $140.

Special thanks to H20Fidelity (I believe he was the 1st one to mention using them) for the plumber O-Rings suggestion for packaging the rig together. :)

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #6,554 of 7,509
Quote:
expandable slot is on the bottom next to the headphone jack.  will post more pics later, but can be seen in th
is one

Ah, well in that case, you have my attention. Looks like a sweet deal. Now I'm a little bummed that I just picked up a clip zip for my ultra portable rig.

Also, wullymc, you either need to turn the lights on or increase exposure time bud :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back