Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jul 6, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #5,551 of 7,509
Quote:

Still no voodoo but kernel Siyah 1.3.3 is indeed brilliant recycle of code from voodoo...

Is that a box full of opamps, microSD cards, or both?

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #5,552 of 7,509
Some questions please

We need to get this LOD cable issue sorted amongst rigs.. Can anyone suggest to me good places to go to look at LOD cables? Im getting a Merlin with Arrow Headstage 4G amp and Im realising that I will need a cable from the Iphone 4  either from the bottom or from the headphone socket.

QUESTION IS there a disadvantage using the headphone out socket on the Iphone for linking  to the Amp as opposed to using an LOD from the base?

Answers will be greatly appreciated. :)  (This dude aint got time to read the Iphone spec for an Iphone 4..no...)

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #5,553 of 7,509
If you use a mini to mini cable (from the headphone output) you will still be passing through the iphone 4 amp, thus double amping it and wasting your time.

The LOD will bypass the iphone/ipod amp, and go straight to the Arrow and so... you will be able to use your amp properly.

I dont know about London shops.

A quick fix is the Fiio L9 LOD, quite cheap.
There are many DIYers who make quality LODs on head-fi, also there are many commercial brands too of higher quality materials.

It all depends on what you are willing to spend I guess.

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #5,556 of 7,509
Starting to get the sound Im after now.
Trying different cables etc is making all the difference.

Anyway, Trying out the other half's MP21's with my
iPod Classic > "Silver Leopard" LOD > TCG Audio T-Box. - 

They haven't been burned in much yet so still early days but they have a nice clean and rich sound.

So, On to my favourite combo of gear to date - 

iPod Classic 160gb > Silver Leopard LOD > TCG Audio T-Box > Sennheiser HD25 1 II Originals.

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #5,557 of 7,509

Same rig I posted the other day, but with my trans blue SPC cable.... Nice synergy with the IEM's.

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #5,559 of 7,509
Quote:
Your iem's look cool
smily_headphones1.gif
is than a cover on your ipod? Or a new front?

Thanks. They sound pretty good too! Its just a vinyl skin I got from a seller on ebay. Its for an ipod classic but fits my Video just fine.

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #5,561 of 7,509
Just got the sticker today, I put it on my device. Looks Sick, gonna get one for my iPod Video i'm getting soon.
Quote:

Thanks. They sound pretty good too! Its just a vinyl skin I got from a seller on ebay. Its for an ipod classic but fits my Video just fine.

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #5,562 of 7,509
Quote:
What iem's are those? Noobish question
smily_headphones1.gif
could you put a picture online of your e5? I saw you had it steampunked

Not a noobish question at all. I had never seen or heard of these IEM's untill a few weeks ago when sepinho posted pics of his pair in this thread. They are Fischer Amps FA-3e IEM's.

Here is a pics of the E5:

There are some more pics in my default images gallery on my profile.

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #5,563 of 7,509
Quote:
Just got the sticker today, I put it on my device. Looks Sick, gonna get one for my iPod Video i'm getting soon.

Cool beans. Good for the price I thought - better ( and cheaper ) than the one I got from decalgirl.com.

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #5,564 of 7,509
 Not a noobish question at all. I had never seen or heard of these IEM's untill a few weeks ago when sepinho posted pics of his pair in this thread. They are Fischer Amps FA-3e IEM's.

Here is a pics of the E5:

There are some more pics in my default images gallery on my profile.

Is it hard to do that? Can i pay you to do somethng like that to my e5? :p

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #5,565 of 7,509
Quote:
Is it hard to do that? Can i pay you to do somethng like that to my e5?
tongue.gif

Not hard to do as such. It just takes a lot of time and patience, and lots of carefull measureing and re measureing!

Sorry dude, but my steampunking days are behind me know. Since you on the portable rig thread, you will probably be onto a new amp soon enough anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back