Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #4,906 of 7,509
Quote:

Yeah I skipped between a few amps before settling on the C421, it seemed to have the idea mix of price/performance ratio and physical dimensions- it's practically the same size in every direction as the 80GB Video so the whole thing fits nicely in my pocket when stuck together with low profile Dual Lock tape. I just opted for the OPA2227, going by the love/hate description on JDS's website I didn't want to risk paying through the nose for something I wouldn't enjoy then having to ship it all the way back to the states!

It does all fit together rather nicely doesn't it? I might pass and go for the ALO...who knows if I don't change my mind between now and then though :D...the joy of audiophilia, there's always something new to try.

May 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #4,907 of 7,509
Quote:

It does all fit together rather nicely doesn't it? I might pass and go for the ALO...who knows if I don't change my mind between now and then though :D...the joy of audiophilia, there's always something new to try.

The joy?

THE CURSE!!!

May 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #4,908 of 7,509
Hehehehehe...indeed....I seem to always be scraping my pennies together for some new doo-dad...and there's no freaking way I am going back to stock buds on an iPod with no amp and no line-out.

May 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #4,909 of 7,509
Updated since my last post, 1964's back from their refit, Ibasso D-Zero and an iPod Classic thrown into the mix. I've got TF18's coming in the mail from UM, will post them soon

May 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #4,910 of 7,509
Quote:

It does, for some reason I was expecting it to be longer and wider so it was a nice surprise when it sat almost perfectly under the iPod. Haha I had to fight against the urge to spend "that little bit more", or I'd never stop! I had to draw the line somewhere unfortunately haha. Next stop is a nice pair of open back cans for home use, then to make a decision between either the Fostex HP-P1 or the CLAS to go towards a transportable hifi rig. Very happy with what I've got for now though =P

May 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #4,911 of 7,509
Quote:
After months of pestering Headfi members and what feels like endless googling, I've finally got my first audiophile setup. Extremely happy with it!

5th Gen DIY iMod>>silvercab cable with caps>>JDS Labs C421 amp>>Minerva Mi3 triple driver custom IEMs.

How are the customs treating you?

May 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #4,912 of 7,509
Quote:
Updated since my last post, 1964's back from their refit, Ibasso D-Zero and an iPod Classic thrown into the mix. I've got TF18's coming in the mail from UM, will post them soon

And how about your 1964 Triples? Just okay or are you blown away?

May 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #4,913 of 7,509
Quote:
How are the customs treating you?

I've actually only had about ten minutes with them so far and that was when they first arrived to make sure they fit properly, I don't actually get them until my birthday on Tuesday. Today was the first time I had all the components of the rig in one room though so I thought it deserved a picture =P from the extremely brief time I had with them though, they sounds incredible, and that was just through my MacBook's headphone jack, so I can't wait to try them amped!

May 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #4,914 of 7,509
Cool, man, good for you and happy b-day. I can't wait to get a set of customs myself - sometime after my wedding...no idea what I'll get.

May 4, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #4,915 of 7,509
Quote:
Cool, man, good for you and happy b-day. I can't wait to get a set of customs myself - sometime after my wedding...no idea what I'll get.

No dude, people have told you over and over - before the wedding! Otherwise it will never happen... Congratulations by the way. When is the big day?

May 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #4,916 of 7,509
End of the month - I've already warned my wife-to-be about the customs, so it won't be a surprise. I think.

May 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #4,917 of 7,509
Hahahaha...do it now...and before kids :)...you should have seen the look I got when I told my wife I wanted to pony up for a Headstage Arrow or an ALO National...

May 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #4,918 of 7,509
My current rig is my HTC Inspire 4G using Ubermusic and Equalizer with my Shure SE215's as my true portable rig. But my school rig is the same thing but sometimes with my 11" MacBook Air.
It sounds good to my ears.
I'll post pics when I get home.

EDIT:
Here's a picture
The EQ app I use is simply called Equalizer

May 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #4,919 of 7,509
Quote:

Thanks very much [= Minerva were a pleasure to purchase with, in case you're considering them. Within half an hour of booking through their site I'd gotten a call and had an appointment for impressions booked that same afternoon.

Quote:
Hahahaha...do it now...and before kids :)...you should have seen the look I got when I told my wife I wanted to pony up for a Headstage Arrow or an ALO National...

Quote:
End of the month - I've already warned my wife-to-be about the customs, so it won't be a surprise. I think.

Ironically my C421 was something of a present to myself when I broke up with my girlfriend =P Shiny things always make me feel better haha.

May 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #4,920 of 7,509
Delightful...my new Grados were a gift to myself for getting a promotion...the new amp is mostly being financed by selling off old gear...the balance, well...I need to start coming up with a good excuse I guess :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back