Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 3, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #4,878 of 7,509
Quote:
^ $135
rolleyes.gif

The FiiO L9 comes to mind ($14)…

FiiO LODS are nice when you tear them apart to use in DIY projects... otherwise they sound flat and sterile for the most part.

May 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #4,884 of 7,509
May 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #4,885 of 7,509
Quote:
When I squint it does! No the only reason I had one made was to get it the exact size for my set up. I think it sounds better, haven't bothered testing it against my fiio thingy

Thats the main reason I started to DIY LOD's.

May 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #4,886 of 7,509
Quote:
 Low Profile LOD.

I have a couple of DIY ones that I dont use anymore that are going to be in the FS section soon.

Quote:
Yea, a low profile LOD will fix this. That way you wont have that long length of cable taking up unnecessary space in your pocket. 

would have to find a low profile LOD with caps then :frowning2: that is a RWA imod btw

May 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #4,887 of 7,509
I believe Qusp does one where he puts epoxy around the caps so its all self contained, low stress on the caps and quite low profile.....or if I'm wrong about who did it, sorry, but i've seen it somewhere on there forums
Quote:
would have to find a low profile LOD with caps then :frowning2: that is a RWA imod btw

May 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #4,888 of 7,509
Quote:
Hmm, let's see if you would hear this "flat and sterile" sound when you didn't know when the FiiO LOD was connected...

I believe I would... I've tried it with people (wife and co-workers) who have typically been content with ipod earbuds and skullcandy headphones.  They indicate they've heard a difference... I don't tell them what their listening to.  I don't tell them I made the connector... just ask them to listen.  In the end though... few of them are willing to pony up the dosh to go higher end... they know it sounds better (headphones, Dap, and cables)... but they claim they are content with their cheapies... Whatevs...

May 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #4,889 of 7,509
I think I've decided to go with the W3000ANV, but I could see myself owning the Sig Pros when I get back into production and DJing.

Quote:
I absolutely love the sig pro's. This wasn't the case when I first bought them though. They literally transformed over the first 200hrs of burn-in mostly in sound-stage. 
They  isolate really well and are comfortable once you get used to them and the pressure lessens on the ears.
Great for desktop & portable.

May 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #4,890 of 7,509
Quote:
FiiO LODS are nice when you tear them apart to use in DIY projects... otherwise they sound flat and sterile for the most part.

Cable hipster?
You must have some incredibly sensitive portable rig or a hell of an imagination...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back