Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 30, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #4,849 of 7,509

Quote:
I'd love some moar pics 
biggrin.gif

I second that! :p

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #4,850 of 7,509
I have, but not with HD650s.  I've done it with Beyerdynamic DT-480, Audio-Technica AD700, and Beyerdynamic DT770/80 Pro.
Quote:
 any other headfiers round here have done the same. pls do share guys!

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #4,851 of 7,509
Nice rigs, jeez.
Posted mine a while back but ever since I have been wondering where you guys get those bands to keep the amp en PMP together. It's probably been asked and answered many times before but I am not a native english speaking person so I have a hard time figuring out what to look for exactly. Rubber bands? Bracelets? What are the called exactly so I can go and look for them online. Thanks!

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #4,852 of 7,509

Quote:
Nice rigs, jeez.
Posted mine a while back but ever since I have been wondering where you guys get those bands to keep the amp en PMP together. It's probably been asked and answered many times before but I am not a native english speaking person so I have a hard time figuring out what to look for exactly. Rubber bands? Bracelets? What are the called exactly so I can go and look for them online. Thanks!

I use Scunci No-Grip slip bands that are meant for hair, but they have a bit of rubber on the inside (outside the band, inside the center ring that makes contact with the amp and PMP. 

Or you can get them with some FiiO products or from Moon-Audio, which sells them straight out.

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #4,853 of 7,509

Thought I'd throw these in the mix.  DX100 with Sig Pro & DX100 with coax out to JH3a+JH16pro. The TWag v2 3a cable arrives in a couple of days. I built the coax out of 7N OCC silver Neotech.  Didn't have the strap on hand.
Actually sold the dx100 as I can't resist my balanced desktop rig.

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #4,855 of 7,509

Quote:
Nice rigs, jeez.

I use rubber O rings from any good harware / plumming shop. Cheap and effective.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #4,857 of 7,509

Quote:
I have, but not with HD650s.  I've done it with Beyerdynamic DT-480, Audio-Technica AD700, and Beyerdynamic DT770/80 Pro.

any pics mate? really wanna see some other bespoke gear.

Quote:
Nice rigs, jeez.

i think most of us use those provided with the purchase of a portable amp or even youth size wrist bands

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #4,858 of 7,509
May 1, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #4,860 of 7,509

Quote:
Really makes me miss my 428s..

They're decent headphones... but once re-cabled... they have a ton of bass!  I'd like to get my Stock pair back from my son... and re-cable them with good UP-OCC wire and see how they change sound wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back