Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #4,921 of 7,509
Quote:
And how about your 1964 Triples? Just okay or are you blown away?

I was blown away at first. Loved the highs, and with a proper seal the bass is pretty much perfect for what I listen to. But now that I'm used to them, I can't wait to get the TF18's just to do a comparison to see if I've been missing out on anything. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love them

May 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #4,922 of 7,509
I wonder which would suit me better, the triples or quads...I have GR07s right now, and something tells me the triples would be closer to a neutral-sounding custom, though perhaps not neutral compared to some other makes out there. They're certainly in my price range, so I'm definitely considering them. The Dreamearz Aud-5X is another, though a bit pricier. Those two are my non-reshell choices right now. Thanks for the response.

May 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #4,923 of 7,509
I wonder which would suit me better, the triples or quads...I have GR07s right now, and something tells me the triples would be closer to a neutral-sounding custom, though perhaps not neutral compared to some other makes out there. They're certainly in my price range, so I'm definitely considering them. The Dreamearz Aud-5X is another, though a bit pricier. Those two are my non-reshell choices right now. Thanks for the response.

No Heir Audio love?-

May 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #4,924 of 7,509
Quote:
I excuse myself, as this isn't a PICTURE...but a VIDEO :D!

Thanks to Tyll, for the recommendation:

Where to buy these?

I live in USA, please suggest a good site

May 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #4,925 of 7,509
Quote:

No worries dude. The only comparisons I can offer are the Triples against TF10's and TF18's (when they arrive).

May 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #4,927 of 7,509
Quote:
What's A tf18?

They're a remold provided by Unique Melody (not sure who else). Basically they remold the UE Triple Fi 10's and add a bunch of drivers (3 in each ear I think)

May 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #4,928 of 7,509
Quote:
Quote:

Where to buy these?

I got mine on Ebay.  Definitely go for the LOW PROFILE.  It's probably 1/4th the thickness...maybe 1/5th!  The normal stuff is a little too thick in my opinion. 

It's just as strong of a hold.  Super satisfied with it :D   "3M dual lock low profile" on ebay.  Remember if they say 1 foot, that means two 6" halves. 

May 5, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #4,932 of 7,509
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where to buy these?

I got mine on Ebay.  Definitely go for the LOW PROFILE.  It's probably 1/4th the thickness...maybe 1/5th!  The normal stuff is a little too thick in my opinion. 

It's just as strong of a hold.  Super satisfied with it :D   "3M dual lock low profile" on ebay.  Remember if they say 1 foot, that means two 6" halves. 

Thanks found few stuff in ebay, will get it

May 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #4,934 of 7,509
Quote:

Requirement: sizable pocket.

It's such a shame that Cowon doesn't produce the D2 anymore. In my opinion, the C2 was a downgrade.

May 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #4,935 of 7,509
I know the Cowon D3 hasn't gotten much love here, but honestly, taken purely as a music source, it fits my needs perfectly. It is definitely flawed as a general android device, but I can live with the extra 1-2 secs to change tracks in exchange for digital output. I bought it refurbished for $150, and so far I consider it an upgrade from my old Sony Walkman X.

I know the Z2 just came out, and the J3 is arguably a better pure music source, but the S/PDIF is a boon for me with my home receivers. I modded the length of this particular Cowon A/V cable for use with an iBasso D10. So far I like the sound through PowerAmp with all sound processing turned off. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back