Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #6,602 of 10,933

The Shine is a nice keyboard, but Deck board are great from my experience with them, too. Another option for backlit mechanical.

Quote:
Ducky Shine is the only backlit mechanical keyboard I would recommend.  I have a Black Widow Ultimate too and it pales compared to my Ducky.  For a mix of gaming and typing, Brown switch all the way!

If no need for backlit, Filco or DAS.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #6,603 of 10,933
^_^ this is why I cant seem to get out of my room lately

the phones are senheiser pc350 and a hifiman HE-4 out of an EF-5

Whats inside that cooler master case you ask ?

amd phenom x4 black edition at 3.4ghz

ATI 1gb 5870 video card

4gb ddr3 ram 2133

msi 790fx-gd70

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #6,606 of 10,933

Quote:
The Shine is a nice keyboard, but Deck board are great from my experience with them, too. Another option for backlit mechanical.

mmmm no Brown switch kinda kills it.

I heard the Xarmor 9BL-S is a decent backlit board.  Offers even more features than the Ducky such as USB ports and dedicated media keys...but the build quality seems lackluster.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #6,607 of 10,933

Quote:

i was about to say the same thing. there are some good sounding bose though.... well i see a lot of audiophile/audio parts......but...any responce on why? this is just head fi bias and sterotype..but hey..if not for us..who else would spot and point that out? if there is sterotype and biases....well. let this be the only place left on the interwebs to have that bias!

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #6,608 of 10,933
I just got a Rosewill with Reds at work and I like it quite a bit. I have a Das at home with Browns and love the feel of either, basically a preference. Rosewill if you prefer classic styling, Das if you want flashier. The reds are a good switch, but I still think the browns are a more universally appealing switch.

Another thing to note is some people are saying that browns/reds (basically anything not blue) are silent. This isn't really true, they are still almost always louder than rubber domes, they are considered quiet because blues are really loud. If you get really good at not bottoming out you can get fairly silent but it still is going to be louder than an average rubber dome (totally worth it in my opinion, but some people might be surpsied if they think they are getting something that will be 100% silent)

Quote:
hmm yeah rosewill's keyboard and parts always interest me. they generally are a 4star out of 5 brand but have been going up lately. im interested in their boards. know if they are any good actualy though? when i first heard of their new board. i never thought mechanicals were that good :/

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #6,609 of 10,933

Quote:
I just got a Rosewill with Reds at work and I like it quite a bit. I have a Das at home with Browns and love the feel of either, basically a preference. Rosewill if you prefer classic styling, Das if you want flashier. The reds are a good switch, but I still think the browns are a more universally appealing switch.

Another thing to note is some people are saying that browns/reds (basically anything not blue) are silent. This isn't really true, they are still almost always louder than rubber domes, they are considered quiet because blues are really loud. If you get really good at not bottoming out you can get fairly silent but it still is going to be louder than an average rubber dome (totally worth it in my opinion, but some people might be surpsied if they think they are getting something that will be 100% silent)

thanks for the info buck :) but im still a little itssy and on the edge on mechanic and gaming keyboard :/ i mean...the mechanicals are all..idk...

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #6,610 of 10,933

Quote:
thanks for the info buck :) but im still a little itssy and on the edge on mechanic and gaming keyboard :/ i mean...the mechanicals are all..idk...

All gaming keyboard SHOULD by default be mechanical.  Just so much more performance.  If you pay 100+ for a gaming keyboard, you just got ripped off.  It is essentially the same as a cheap $10 one with a few more keys...

Mechanicals should also last 3 times as long as a rubber dome, unless you spill your drink...

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #6,612 of 10,933
I really like that Senjougahara figurine.
I do wonder, how on earth are you going to use your mouse like that?

Why thank you. Second, or maybe third best girl in the series for me.
Well it is kind of annoying and uncomfortable not having a proper arm rest, but its fine for now. ;_;

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #6,613 of 10,933

Quote:
inb4 how do you type on that

You need to look at your keys to type? Feh.

Blank keys are actually really nice if you want to swiftly change to a different key layout in software. Doesn't really help you if you're in the BIOS, though.

Quote:
Mechanicals should also last 3 times as long as a rubber dome, unless you spill your drink...

Your keyboard gets damaged if you spill your drink on it? Feh.

And this is why I advocate buckling springs. A well-built Model M will last practically forever. (Hell, I could probably whack my EnduraPro on someone's skull, and it wouldn't be the keyboard that breaks...)

Quote:
the way they look and everything ..i don't know

so for $100. the rosewill
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040

is a good deal right?

Newegg is sold out, so good luck on that.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #6,614 of 10,933

Quote:
You need to look at your keys to type? Feh.

Blank keys are actually really nice if you want to swiftly change to a different key layout in software. Doesn't really help you if you're in the BIOS, though.

Your keyboard gets damaged if you spill your drink on it? Feh.

And this is why I advocate buckling springs. A well-built Model M will last practically forever. (Hell, I could probably whack my EnduraPro on someone's skull, and it wouldn't be the keyboard that breaks...)

Newegg is sold out, so good luck on that.

-- Griffinhart

are they really that popular?

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #6,615 of 10,933
Amongst enthusiasts who aren't blinded by "gamer" marketing? Sure as hell seems like it.

The advantage of rubber-dome switches is that they're cheap as hell to make, so in situations where you just need a lot of keyboards, they're the better choice (e.g., a rubber-dome keyboard that "just works" can be gotten for like, 10USD. Compare a good mechanical keyboard, which can run for 80USD and up).

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back