Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #6,586 of 10,933

Old picture, there is a new monitor and it isn't quite as messy. You people sure have nice things.....

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #6,587 of 10,933
Eugh, I need to get a new chair.
zKcZq.jpg

Not sure I've heard of those types.  Although, the only mechanical board I've ever demo'd was the SIIG that Fry's Electronics sells.  I know for sure that keyboard doesn't use cherries.

IIRC only the older SIIGs used ALPS switches, newer stuff is just rubber dome.

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #6,590 of 10,933
I need to get a UPS for my computer so I can move my conditioner for my audio gear into the other room. It's on the list.

Quote:
I'm surprised you're just running everything through a power strip. One of the first things I got, as part of my setup for Joyeuse, was an uninterruptible power supply.

-- Griffinhart

You stay away from me, creeper. 

Quote:

Old picture, there is a new monitor and it isn't quite as messy. You people sure have nice things.....

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #6,593 of 10,933

Quote:
I'm surprised you're just running everything through a power strip. One of the first things I got, as part of my setup for Joyeuse, was an uninterruptible power supply.

-- Griffinhart

Soon there will be a pretty decent sized surge protector added, in place of the dinky strip.

Quote:
I need to get a UPS for my computer so I can move my conditioner for my audio gear into the other room. It's on the list.

You stay away from me, creeper. 

Give me hugssssSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssSSSS

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #6,594 of 10,933

Quote:
Uh, of course not? They're Unicomp. They own the designs to the IBM Model M keyboard. Buckling springs? I've only mentioned that in nearly all of my posts about Unicomp.

-- Griffinhart

I never saw any Unicomp posts of yours, so it's no surprise.

Basically what I'm looking is customizable layouts like those available from Unicomp but with wide key switch selection availability as well.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #6,595 of 10,933
My UPS is a hack job, took an 1350VA (800w) smart UPS and hooked up four SLA batts to it to more than triple the capacity. Not very aesthetically pleasing, but it sure gets the job done. Nothing like being in the middle of a game with the surround sound way up and still getting an hour of backup power. Just be careful you use the right gauge wire and a do a proper crimp job, or you might just end up with molten wire sleeves and disintegrated battery connectors. Oh, one last thing, the hacked UPS takes over 24h to recharge now from the UPS trickle charger.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #6,598 of 10,933
Quote:

I've got a 12 amp ferroresonant power conditioner keeping mine safe.  No backup power but it will eat pretty much everything short of a direct lightning strike with no damage to itself of anything hooked up to it.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #6,600 of 10,933
Ducky Shine is the only backlit mechanical keyboard I would recommend.  I have a Black Widow Ultimate too and it pales compared to my Ducky.  For a mix of gaming and typing, Brown switch all the way!

If no need for backlit, Filco or DAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back