Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
May 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #7,038 of 10,933
^ That case is so nice -they even took the Lian Li badge off to make it more minimalist.  With this case can you fit 12cm fans at the front? - I don't like any 14CM fans they just seem to make more noise for the same airflow.

May 18, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #7,041 of 10,933
Quote:
heres my setup, nothing as good as a lot of the stuff i've seen here though but i'm happy with it so far. KRK Rokit 5s with a Rokit10S connected via XLR, however i have the speakers connected to my computer via the headphone jack on the mobo which i think is messing up the sound quality. i'm thinking about getting a DAC in the near future, i was looking at Music Halls 25.2 or 25.3, from the reviews i've read people seem to be very happy with it but i'm wondering if its really worth the money, what do you guys think? also, do you guys have any tips on how else i could improve the sound quality? i have a good amount of songs in FLAC but most of my music is 320kbs mp3.

It's not good for HDD's life to keep it on the speaker I must say

May 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #7,043 of 10,933
^ I tried that one before and did not like how it sounds - just made the imaging wonky and unnatural.  The SOX upsampler (which CPlay also uses) when used as a Foobar plugin can sound quite nice though, and is free.  There are some other higher end room-EQ sofwares but apparently they are not free, but not costly either.  I tend not to mess with EQ and digital filters though, just gets too complicated and increases the load on the CPU and the latency of the audio stream.

If you are after a good value quiet case Fractal R3/R2 or Solo II are both pretty good without needing to modify them IME.

May 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #7,044 of 10,933
Quote:

38087489960317407645.jpg

Don't care what the inside looks like, as long as the parts are ok... :wink:

Nice Noctua NH-D14. Just sold mine a few weeks ago. Thing is honking huge. Best air cooler on the market, though, imho.

May 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #7,045 of 10,933
Quote:
Couldn't resist, redneck computer cooling system:

I did this once..kinda. I put a standalone fan like that but smaller (desk fan?) on the bottom of my laptop (like directly resting on it blowing straight into the bottom) while it faced upside down on my desk connected to my monitor. The cooling was failing and I wanted to play Mafia 2 dammit! XD
Would that damage the fans/parts in any way somehow? My mom was like "Don't do that you'll hurt it!" But for the time being it worked so whatever. The laptop developed other various quirks and went to a happy ebay buyer, so it's all good now. I'm glad he didn't mind the little things...if he noticed them yet lol.

May 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #7,046 of 10,933
The laptop developed other various quirks and went to a happy ebay buyer, so it's all good now. I'm glad he didn't mind the little things...if he noticed them yet lol.

You evil person :evil:

Reminds me of the unspoken rule that all things can be repaired given enough length of tape.

May 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #7,047 of 10,933
Yeah. I sold it and I believe I outlined everything, and he still bought it and mentioned in my review that he loved it, so am I really evil? :D
Quote:
You evil person
evil_smiley.gif

Reminds me of the unspoken rule that all things can be repaired given enough length of tape.

May 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #7,048 of 10,933
Desktop/Portable...

I use this mainly so I can transfer files to my Net MD via sonicstage. Which stupidly won't work on OSX! :/

Anyway here's my smaller desktop/portable rig - 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back