Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 24, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #3,736 of 15,268
They look so similar, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same OEM.

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #3,737 of 15,268
Got my x2's today. Just finished listening to rush's "moving pictures" album. First impressions holy s___ these cans are good. Very satisfied. Looks like my 650's may get a little down time:)

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #3,738 of 15,268
Got my x2's today. Just finished listening to rush's "moving pictures" album. First impressions holy s___ these cans are good. Very satisfied. Looks like my 650's may get a little down time:)

Yessir.....nice choice to christen them. YYz never sounded so nice.

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #3,739 of 15,268
On Amazon some people say the cable is not shielded and went bad for some after a couple of months. (the 3dm one)
Any other recommendations? Or were they just idiots?

I'm sorry but where does it say on amazon that people are having problems with the stock cable?

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #3,742 of 15,268
I'm sorry but where does it say on amazon that people are having problems with the stock cable?
I didn't see that either. Actually looks pretty durable. I think as long as you don't walk your dog with it or tow your friends car it should hold up.

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #3,743 of 15,268
There is no thread for the upcoming Philips Fidelio F1.  Is anyone looking forward to it? 

"The Fidelio F1 is a new model (slated for a spring 2015 release) a small, closed-back on-ear portable with a low-profile form factor more akin to an Audio-Technica ATH-ES700 . The cups of the F1 are metal, with a smooth matte finish, and the whole thing feels extremely solid (perhaps even a touch hefty) in the hand, yet is quite comfortable to wear. The sound of the F1 had a good amount of bass impact (not unlike the M1) and produced a smooth, pleasant sound. It reminded me of the Klipsch Reference On-Ear, which happens to share the $200 price point with the new Philips, but I was more impressed with the sonics of the F1. These could end up being very nice no-frills portable headphones."

-Joker

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #3,744 of 15,268
I had no issue with the stock cable...I did however buy a shorter cable to be able to walk around the house without a trail of cable following.

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #3,746 of 15,268
Today I
- Got my Schiit (though cables from Monoprice are still on the way).
- Amazon missed a shipping date for the first time in my experience, so I don't have my X2s to try.
- My desktop died on me, so I no longer have an optical source for my Modi 2 Uber.  I also no longer have a working desktop.

If any of you are technically inclined and curious, I posted a "Need Help" thread on Tom's: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2551042/month-desktop-conked-troubleshooting-advice-appreciated.html

Hoping tomorrow goes a little better.

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #3,747 of 15,268
Today I

- Got my Schiit (though cables from Monoprice are still on the way).
- Amazon missed a shipping date for the first time in my experience, so I don't have my X2s to try.
- My desktop died on me, so I no longer have an optical source for my Modi 2 Uber.  I also no longer have a working desktop.

If any of you are technically inclined and curious, I posted a "Need Help" thread on Tom's: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2551042/month-desktop-conked-troubleshooting-advice-appreciated.html

Hoping tomorrow goes a little better.

Does anything show at all on the screen during boot?

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #3,749 of 15,268
Nope.  And I don't know that it's booting up at all, all I can say for sure is it spins up the CPU and GPU fans.

Do you have a hd activity light? Does it show activity? Can you hear it?

It could be many things. First thing is to re-seat all cards especially gpu and ram.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #3,750 of 15,268
Do you have a hd activity light? Does it show activity? Can you hear it?

It could be many things. First thing is to re-seat all cards especially gpu and ram.

I do not have an HD activity light.  I can hear my HDD spin up, but my boot drive is an SSD, so I can't say anything about that.
I tried re-seating the GPU and RAM, no change unfortunately.

I appreciate the help, but at the same time think we shouldn't clutter this thread with PC troubleshooting too much.  Would you mind if I shoot you a PM about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back