Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 24, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #3,721 of 15,268
  is there a way to check if Aussies will be charged  VAT and some administration fees If I were to order the X2's from amazon.it? 

or the only way you found out was by taking the plunge to order them and found out latter on?

google
wink_face.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #3,722 of 15,268
Im either bat-**** crazy, or my KabelDirect Pro Series - 3m cable replacement actually does sound quite a bit better, and cleaner than the stock cable :O

I'll admit, i do believe burn-in is something that actually does exist. In that regard, cable replacement is not something i really focus on but i do believe it could be true, and since i figured what the hell i ordered the cable the day after i got the headset (last saturday). And either its some bad placebo effect, or they actually do improve quality a bit!

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #3,723 of 15,268
You are probably not crazy. My stock cable is defective. It sounds like everything is out of phase. Distorted in my head.

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #3,725 of 15,268
  On Amazon some people say the cable is not shielded and went bad for some after a couple of months. (the 3dm one)
Any other recommendations? Or were they just idiots?

My stock cable is also defective. 

There seems to be something seriously wrong with the stock cable, as multiple people are reporting issues (maybe it's a production issue). I tried some Denon stock cables and there does seems to be a difference in the phase and stereo balance. I did the out of phase test on a website (audiocheck I think) and it did not sound right.

Feb 24, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #3,726 of 15,268
  On Amazon some people say the cable is not shielded and went bad for some after a couple of months. (the 3dm one)
Any other recommendations? Or were they just idiots?

Cheap & Easy solution is to go with the V-Moda audio only cable, it's a several feet shorter and has no issues, not to mention it's only $12 with free shipping. (from their website)

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #3,727 of 15,268
My QED performance J2J cable also made channel separation a lot better. The Beatles' remastered albums is an easy way to test channel separation and I can say it's much better with the new cable. The sound also seems fuller and a bit thicker, bass has slightly more weight, slight harshness of the top end is totally gone.

I'm not a believer of cables if the cable is standard quality (like HD650's cable) but Fidelio X2's cable seems to be kind of bad.

If anyone's interested, link below. Don't be fooled by the thick plug on some websites, I bought from Custom Cable and the plug is slim.

http://www.qed.co.uk/audio_interconnects/jack_to_jack/qed_performance_audio_j2j_cable.html

V-Moda cable might also be good but QED is easier to buy for Europeans. Arrived in 2 days from London by standard  Royal mail (I live in Istanbul, Turkey).

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #3,728 of 15,268
So i received a call from customer service (I was asleep), and they left a message saying they don't have stock to replace it with, so they wanna offer me a refund.

At this point, I'm perfectly fine with my X2, and don't wanna get a refund and risk getting another lemon. I've returned too many times on Amazon, and don't wanna go through that process needlessly anymore.

Cheap & Easy solution is to go with the V-Moda audio only cable, it's a several feet shorter and has no issues, not to mention it's only $12 with free shipping. (from their website)

I don't trust Vmoda's cable either, as people have reported some cables having resistance almost as bad as the X1's cable.

I really wish people would stop recommending it actually. The quality is inconsistent.

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #3,729 of 15,268
So i received a call from customer service (I was asleep), and they left a message saying they don't have stock to replace it with, so they wanna offer me a refund.

At this point, I'm perfectly fine with my X2, and don't wanna get a refund and risk getting another lemon. I've returned too many times on Amazon, and don't wanna go through that process needlessly anymore.
I don't trust Vmoda's cable either, as people have reported some cables having resistance almost as bad as the X1's cable.

I really wish people would stop recommending it actually. The quality is inconsistent.

Wow, what's going on with Philips?  My headphones arrive today, fingers crossed they turn out alright!
And is there a shorter cable you would recommend?

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #3,730 of 15,268
The mediabridge cables on Amazon are plenty good enough.

I don't have an issue with my stock cable.

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #3,731 of 15,268

My stock cable is also defective. 

There seems to be something seriously wrong with the stock cable, as multiple people are reporting issues (maybe it's a production issue). I tried some Denon stock cables and there does seems to be a difference in the phase and stereo balance. I did the out of phase test on a website (audiocheck I think) and it did not sound right.

My stock cable is perfectly fine though. Was talking about the 3dm cable from amazon. Just looking for a good shorter cable as well.

The mediabridge cables on Amazon are plenty good enough.

I don't have an issue with my stock cable.

Thanks, will check them out.

What MLE said, but thx for the suggestion.
  My QED performance J2J cable also made channel separation a lot better. The Beatles' remastered albums is an easy way to test channel separation and I can say it's much better with the new cable. The sound also seems fuller and a bit thicker, bass has slightly more weight, slight harshness of the top end is totally gone.

I'm not a believer of cables if the cable is standard quality (like HD650's cable) but Fidelio X2's cable seems to be kind of bad.

If anyone's interested, link below. Don't be fooled by the thick plug on some websites, I bought from Custom Cable and the plug is slim.

http://www.qed.co.uk/audio_interconnects/jack_to_jack/qed_performance_audio_j2j_cable.html

V-Moda cable might also be good but QED is easier to buy for Europeans. Arrived in 2 days from London by standard  Royal mail (I live in Istanbul, Turkey).

These ones? http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/qed-performance-audio-j2j-interconnect-cable.html
If so, damn they are quite expensive..

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #3,732 of 15,268
  My stock cable is perfectly fine though. Was talking about the 3dm cable from amazon. Just looking for a good shorter cable as well.

Thanks, will check them out.

What MLE said, but thx for the suggestion.

These ones? http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/qed-performance-audio-j2j-interconnect-cable.html
If so, damn they are quite expensive..

It's all relative...
http://www.head-fi.org/f/6553/cables-speakers-tweaks-accessories-for-sale-trade

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #3,735 of 15,268

Users who are viewing this thread

Back