Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 28, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,951 of 15,268
  X1's have a prop 65 warning. Confirmed, I'm getting cancer. 
triportsad.gif
 http://www.amazon.com/Philips-X1-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00B3QD94O

I wonder what category product the X2 fall under.  I'm guessing "electrical cords".  

Also, just about everything has a CA Prop. 65 warning.  

From Wikipedia:

"Over the years, Prop 65 has led to consent agreements for a variety of consumer products, such as bibs, bicycles, products containing brass, cookware, cosmetics, exercise mats, ceramic ware and glassware, clothing, fake leather upholstery, headphone cables, jewelry, lunchboxes, poker chips, luggage, and accessories.  In early 2011, a number of new Prop 65 consent agreements were reported, covering vinyl inflatable structures, vinyl lounge chairs, inspection lights with clamp handles, brass door handles, cadmium in jewelry and a revised judgment for fashion accessories."

From Consumer Reports: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/03/what-does-california-s-cancer-warning-mean/index.htm

I'm not at all concerned about the cancer risk and more concerned about turning the sides of my face purple.

To be honest though, the amount of ink transfer on my pads is a non issue for me.  I have raw indigo denim jeans that transfer far more dye to my skin in 5 minutes than these headphones ever will over several hours. Furthermore, I bought my X2 from Amazon Italy and had them shipped to the U.S. so I probably can't get warranty service on these anyway. :)

That said, Sundown I think you should get your pads replaced under warranty.  The amount of ink and oil coming off of your pads is definitely excessive.

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #1,953 of 15,268
I'll be returning these. I don't want ink seeping into my skin. I can't throw them in the washer to dilute them like a pair of pants lol. Anyway, hopefully they fix the issue in the near future and I'll purchase again. Nice talking to you all. 
redface.gif

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #1,955 of 15,268
I'll be returning these. I don't want ink seeping into my skin. I can't throw them in the washer to dilute them like a pair of pants lol. Anyway, hopefully they fix the issue in the near future and I'll purchase again. Nice talking to you all. :xf_eek:

This is sad. I wonder if this problem is common? Mine is arriving two days from now and they hv been shipped to me overseas, so there is no way i can return them if the pads have this problem.

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #1,956 of 15,268
This is sad. I wonder if this problem is common? Mine is arriving two days from now and they hv been shipped to me overseas, so there is no way i can return them if the pads have this problem.

Since you can't return them, and if you don't want to sell them (most likely at a loss), consider the HM5 memory foam velours.  Consider them anyway, as they're superior pads.

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #1,958 of 15,268
Looks like some of the the more recent X1 pads also have this problem.  

http://www.amazon.com/noticed-possibly-seeping-earpads-problem/forum/Fx2PEZLWRW92H9I/TxLV456U6TWBDC/1/ref=cm_cd_ql_tlc_al?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00B3QD94O

I don't ever recall reading about this problem on the X1 threads when the X1 first came out.  I wonder if it's a more recent development.  I would expect that the X1 and X2 pads are made by the same folks.

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #1,959 of 15,268
  Looks like some of the the more recent X1 pads also have this problem.  

http://www.amazon.com/noticed-possibly-seeping-earpads-problem/forum/Fx2PEZLWRW92H9I/TxLV456U6TWBDC/1/ref=cm_cd_ql_tlc_al?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00B3QD94O

I don't ever recall reading about this problem on the X1 threads when the X1 first came out.  I wonder if it's a more recent development.  I would expect that the X1 and X2 pads are made by the same folks so I don't think it's a coincidence that some X1 purchasers from earlier this year are complaining about the same issue.

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #1,960 of 15,268
  I'll be returning these. I don't want ink seeping into my skin. I can't throw them in the washer to dilute them like a pair of pants lol. Anyway, hopefully they fix the issue in the near future and I'll purchase again. Nice talking to you all. 
redface.gif

What? You don't want a free tattoo? 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not seeing this on my X2's, but it is cool in my house so perspiration is not an issue yet.

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #1,961 of 15,268

What? You don't want a free tattoo? 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not seeing this on my X2's, but it is cool in my house so perspiration is not an issue yet.

ROFL.  Yes, purple ring around the ear as a sign of the Philips Fidelio X2 master race.  We have been marked.  That is how our galactic overlords will be able to tell the chosen apart from the masses.

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #1,962 of 15,268
Thanks! Do i mount them on the X2 the same way like the stock pads? Or do i have to fiddle with it? Coz i really i am not got at doing stuff myself..

You can do a very simple mod with some one-sided adhesive foam cut into rings and stuck to the pads, then impress them on the mounting posts (aligned correctly first; pad seams at the bottom) which will show you where to cut/poke some holes through the foam and vinyl, then mount them, or...

you can apply some double stick tape to the vinyl of the pads, slip the vinyl around the posts and press.  I used this method when testing to see how the pads worked, and it was fine.  I just preferred the more permanent method, as I knew I'd not be going back to stock.  The method with the foam rings is not permanent in the sense that they can't be removed.  They pull off easily enough, if you want to go back to the stock pads.

It might sound complicated, but it's not at all.  If you decide to try them and have questions, shoot me a PM.

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #1,963 of 15,268
It seems to fit snugly. Which size is it?

I'm not sure at this point as I purchased it about 2 years ago for an AKG K240 monitor that I no longer use. I remember that the blurb on Amazon US described it as fitting AKG headphones. I hope that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back