Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 28, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #1,966 of 15,268
Dec 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #1,967 of 15,268
You can do a very simple mod with some one-sided adhesive foam cut into rings and stuck to the pads, then impress them on the mounting posts (aligned correctly first; pad seams at the bottom) which will show you where to cut/poke some holes through the foam and vinyl, then mount them, or...

you can apply some double stick tape to the vinyl of the pads, slip the vinyl around the posts and press.  I used this method when testing to see how the pads worked, and it was fine.  I just preferred the more permanent method, as I knew I'd not be going back to stock.  The method with the foam rings is not permanent in the sense that they can't be removed.  They pull off easily enough, if you want to go back to the stock pads.

It might sound complicated, but it's not at all.  If you decide to try them and have questions, shoot me a PM.

Ok I will. Thanks a million!

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #1,971 of 15,268
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a nice case for the x2s? 

I don't really plan on taking them out and about but I would like to keep them in a case when I'm not using them. 

Yep, I posted pics in the last couple of days and Baycode's did very early in the other X2 thread...(search is your friend)
:wink:

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #1,972 of 15,268
Yep, I posted pics in the last couple of days and Baycode's did very early in the other X2 thread...(search is your friend)
wink.gif

Ah, good idea. That totally worked, thanks, lol. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #1,976 of 15,268
I find this whole thing hilarious and blown out of proportion as with everything that happens here on Head-fi. You'd think people are adversed to showering daily to get rid of the extremely small amount of dye that may rub off the pads. Christ.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,977 of 15,268
I find this whole thing hilarious and blown out of proportion as with everything that happens here on Head-fi. You'd think people are adversed to showering daily to get rid of the extremely small amount of dye that may rub off the pads. Christ.

I agree.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,979 of 15,268
I won't even bother looking for ink. Because, guess what? It's something that gets washed off.

What are you guys doing, chewing on your ear pads, scared of getting sick from it? Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back