Philips Fidelio X2?!
Aug 1, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #182 of 15,268
Really wished that Philips had adopted the type of headband found on L2. From the stock photo, it looks like people with large heads wouldn't be able to wear them comfortably again. sigh.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #183 of 15,268
Yup. Gonna have to bend the arch like last time to accomodate bigger heads. :/

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #184 of 15,268
Give me some more time, I am not a person to write down a review at first listen. Also, I beleive in burn-in. My friend Peter is talking right on price. Their clarity, bass response, quality of sound reproduction and weight make me think thatvthe change in the design of the magnets (over the X1). May be a tesla... Sure they're powerful neodmium...

I will post future reviews in graphical format. Please check this link for updates: http://www.head-fi.org/t/728731/baycodes-upcoming-and-completed-reviews-newsfeed-page

I hope the above link is working. Now I have to focus on sound...

X2 is the best purchase for me this year besides the Havi B3 Pro1 iem...

They feel like Porsche... Driving them is like feeling the power under the wheels/earpads :wink:

Ps: there are pins under the earpads

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #185 of 15,268
Aug 1, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #188 of 15,268
bizkid, so You are going to have both - X1 and X2 ? Can You do head-to-head review maybe?

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #189 of 15,268
I dont have the X1 anymore. I actually had it 4 times since its release. All 4 models had varying degrees of bass amount and mid clarity but lets not go there or the witchhunt will start again.

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #192 of 15,268
Give me some more time, I am not a person to write down a review at first listen. Also, I beleive in burn-in. My friend Peter is talking right on price. Their clarity, bass response, quality of sound reproduction and weight make me think thatvthe change in the design of the magnets (over the X1). May be a tesla... Sure they're powerful neodmium...

Or perhaps a hybrid dynamic, balanced armature like the Pandora Hope 6 which also weighs half a kilo.

As prophesied, looks like Headfonia might be among the first to publish a review:

We have received lots of very interesting samples lately and over the next few weeks and months you can expect reviews of the newest Hifiman HE-560, the Meridian Prime, Grado E series, CypherLabs Picollo, Woo Audio WA7, Audiofly AF180, Fiio’s E10K and E11K, Philips X2 (surprise surprise), Noble K10, Linum Cables, Mezzo HiFi, and many more!

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #193 of 15,268
When I bought the l2 from amazon it it was cheaper than if I would have bought it released new here. Also between Philips drops in price fast. I won't wait for a US release just a foreign amazon one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back