Petition: I would like the old site back (or other choice)
May 23, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #316 of 431
Currawong. I really like the way you handle the various concerns, and I'm happy to see more and more members are seeing continued progress. I can relate to those that are struggling with the new format.
But Instead of asking for the old forum, just report problems you encounter.
The old forum will not be back, it is beyond futile to ask for that. 

May 23, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #317 of 431
To tell you the truth, I'm used to the new format now, especially with the greasemonkey scripts on my home pc and even the 'two thirds' view on my IE6 work PC is do-able. If the formatting of photos could be sorted out so they're not half shown with a scroll bar, then I'd have no complaints at all.

May 23, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #318 of 431
I am constantly gettting hit with Flash 10 errors on my Mac at this site.

May 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #319 of 431
chadbang: Install Click2Flash.  Then Flash wont cause a problem unless you ask it to. 
smile.gif

May 24, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #323 of 431
Meh, after a while I guess I'm getting used to the new platform.
I still prefer the old forum, but I guess change was inevitable.

If development remains active, and all the issues are sorted out, I guess this could become a better platform in the log run.

I just wish that sidebar would go away, it's really a waste of screen space.
The way I've seen it implemented on other sites is that it is only present on certain pages (home, profiles, etc), but not on the forums.

May 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #325 of 431

Quote:
I can't post to this forum anymore with my Android device. The new site's post editor glitches out and prevents me from seeing the text I'm writing. Very annoying.

x2 except for me I can write up the post but after I submit it the progress bar just goes forever and never publishes the post.

May 24, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #326 of 431
I also have a Droid, and will test it today, and report as necessary to get the problem(s) fixed.  On my iPhone, I'm currently able to get around, post, moderate, send private messages etc.  (Still no carriage returns without the <br> code, but that's being worked on.)  When we first moved over, I couldn't send private messages (among other things) with my iPhone.

I'll test with the Droid in the next couple of hours.  Thanks for the reports, guys.

May 25, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #328 of 431
I like the new layout with the exception of a few things:

1.  Thread list (this is my biggest problem, I liked all the information provided my the older version, and it seemed less cramped without the sidebar)

2.  Review info in sidebar (this makes the threads seem too small for me to read comfortably)

3.  No friends option (this is only a minor grudge for me, but thought it worth mentioning anyway)

On the other hand, I like the idea of having a headphone wiki and a review section, as long as they both don't get overly cluttered.  I fully expect this version of the forum (like the last one) to evolve over time to better suit its members.  Its also a matter of just getting used to the new look (as proven by the complaints that went up when Facebook changed its layout and people were up in arms until they became accustomed to the new layout). 

May 25, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #329 of 431
Is there a way for me to see a list of the threads I have started? I can't find that anymore.

Also, I was getting subscription notifications via e-mail for a couple of days, but they have stopped again.

mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back