Peter123's reviews, planned reviews, first impressions and comparisons AKA Peter's Place
Oct 20, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #31 of 251
Added the Pro-Ject Hear It One to the list.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/pro-ject-audio-hear-it-one-audiophile-stereo-headphone-black/reviews/14297

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #32 of 251
Added my all time favorite IEM to the list:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/havi-b3-pro-1/reviews/14356

Oct 26, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #33 of 251
Oct 26, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #34 of 251
Awesome thread Peter, also my favorite iem:smile: My choice rig: X3ii, JDS C5 w/Havi B3 Pro1:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice Podster! I love the X3 Classic /B3 combo myself :)

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #35 of 251
  In this post it's my intention to put up some kind of ranking of the stuff that I own. I only need to figure out  good way to do it since I've got a problem with strictly putting everything from 1 to 100 since there's so many things to consider.....................

Hi Peter - nice thread.  Just an idea - I've been thinking of doing something similar on mine

If you tabulate it - you could then add a ranking column for raw score, and another for value adjusted score.

Seems like a good way to rank things - both for someone on a budget, and also for someone looking for best without factoring cost.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #36 of 251
Hi Peter - nice thread.  Just an idea - I've been thinking of doing something similar on mine

If you tabulate it - you could then add a ranking column for raw score, and another for value adjusted score.

Seems like a good way to rank things - both for someone on a budget, and also for someone looking for best without factoring cost.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the good suggestion also. That might very well be a good idea.

I've also thought of just making several tiers based on sound quality alone (price not taking into consideration). If I choose this model it'll be just for IEM's since I've got so many. I'm having difficulties to find the time to rank every single one with a score. With a solution with different tiers one could choose not to include a bunch that doesn't even make it to the first tier. At least I might start out this way until I'm able to do a more thorough system.

I'm a man of many colors so it won't be possible for me to say which one I rank higher than others between a lot of them :wink:

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #37 of 251
smile.gif

I know the issue well Peter.  As soon as I clear up my outstanding review queue I'm going to look into a means of doing it on my own list. Will be great to compare notes with you when you have yur method figured out as well.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #38 of 251

smile.gif

I know the issue well Peter.  As soon as I clear up my outstanding review queue I'm going to look into a means of doing it on my own list. Will be great to compare notes with you when you have yur method figured out as well.

I can imagine tha Paul. Sounds like a good plan, I'd appreciate that as well 
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #41 of 251
  Subbed!
@peter123 - just wanted to say, you are one of the quality poster who doesn't hype things up and who's views I trust a lot in this forum 
beerchug.gif
 )

eek.gif
Suck Up! LOL

I'm just playing with you mebaali and messin' with Peter who is a great reviewer out here
wink_face.gif
We are really fortunate to have so many great and honest reviewers on here, even if you don't agree with some we all know that we all hear differently but can and do use the wise advice of these guys (Brooko, Twister, Hisouund, Hakush, nmatheis, Red John, Relic, Peter) and a host of others that are not coming right to mind but they all help many of us make educated and economical decisions about our buying and listening habits
wink_face.gif

I tip my hat to all of them and
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #42 of 251

Ok, first two things :

1. My Delta's are modded with tape over the back vents and a very small hole poked in them with a needle.

2. I've only got a couple of hours on the LZ A2's so far.

To begin with these two are more similar than I expected but there's still obvious differences.

The Delta's has slightly better soundstage width while the A2's has better depth.

The overall presentation on the modded Delta's are quite airy while the A2's are more intimate and fuller sounding.

Vocals are more forward on the A2's. Despite of this female vocals comes across as very similar on the two, maybe with s slight advantage to the Delta's, while the fuller signature on the A2's gives male voices more weight and a better texture.

Subbass impact and depth is pretty similar but the A2's has more controlled bass. Mid-bass impact and presence is also very similar but the A2's bass is tighter and faster.

The treble presentation is very similar on them.

Take it for what it is: quick and dirty initial impressions 
wink.gif

So would you prefer LZ-A2 to unmodded Delta?

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #45 of 251
Hey Peter, did you ever get the Rock Zircons? Can't remember if you had ordered them or not. Anyway, you ought to give them a shot. I think they are excellent for a sub $20 IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back