Peter123's reviews, planned reviews, first impressions and comparisons AKA Peter's Place
Nov 29, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #241 of 251
Added Blue Ever Blue Model 1200EX to the list:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/blue-ever-blue-model-1200ex/reviews/17435

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #242 of 251
Dec 4, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #245 of 251
As its end of year, if you have to pic one iem, which one would you do?

It would have to be the A4. After doing the comparison section for the review today I realized that it's the best performing IEM's I've ever heard.

My most used IEM's the last six months is the Super Audio 6 but it does lack that extreme sub bass. The A4 share a lot of the best from the SA6 but also better it in several areas like subbass extention and impact as well as soundstage width.

No to mention how tunable it is and the price.....

I'm sorry if this is a boring answer but it's how I feel :wink:

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #246 of 251
Hi mate,
Sorry for the delay, I completely forgot
wink.gif

The Opus #11 is definitely a step up from the Zuperdac in every way to my ears. Significantly better clarity and separation, I also feel as if the Zuperdac loses out in detail retrieval but that could also just being its darker character making them harder to pin point. In comparison (not in absolute terms) the Zuperdac sounds a bit muffled and definitely darker. Both are still very smooth and lush to my ears but the Zuperdac is more laid back. The Zuperdac does also have that hump in the mid bass and a bit smoothed out treble and I'm not able to detect any these with the #11.

For a relaxed laid back sound the Mojo is hard to beat. I've got the Opus #1 DAP in for testing right now and it's in the same ballpark as the Mojo in performance (from memory) but a bit more engaging to me (and it's a DAP
wink.gif
). These two does probably compete about having the best treble for my liking, very smooth and yet detailed and well extended. As always ymmw...

I hope this is helpful
wink.gif

Sorry about the delay in responding to your delayed comparison lol!

Ignorance certainly was bliss, because I love the sound coming out of the the Zuperdac. But now that you have destroyed my ignorance & bliss)... Wow, the Opus #11 sure sounds like a winner!

I think though that I'm starting to lean away from a phone + usb dac combo, mainly because I don't like doing the stack thing with my phone very much. But, I love being able to stream Tidal, so I guess I need to start looking into daps that sound awesome and that can stream tidal. Hopefully there is a solution out there that doesn't cost and arm and a leg.

It would have to be the A4. After doing the comparison section for the review today I realized that it's the best performing IEM's I've ever heard.

My most used IEM's the last six months is the Super Audio 6 but it does lack that extreme sub bass. The A4 share a lot of the best from the SA6 but also better it in several areas like subbass extention and impact as well as soundstage width.

No to mention how tunable it is and the price.....

I'm sorry if this is a boring answer but it's how I feel
wink.gif

Sheesh.. I don't I should even read your A4 review lol!
beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #247 of 251

Sorry about the delay in responding to your delayed comparison lol!

Ignorance certainly was bliss, because I love the sound coming out of the the Zuperdac. But now that you have destroyed my ignorance & bliss)... Wow, the Opus #11 sure sounds like a winner!

I think though that I'm starting to lean away from a phone + usb dac combo, mainly because I don't like doing the stack thing with my phone very much. But, I love being able to stream Tidal, so I guess I need to start looking into daps that sound awesome and that can stream tidal. Hopefully there is a solution out there that doesn't cost and arm and a leg.

Sheesh.. I don't I should even read your A4 review lol!
beerchug.gif

Ha ha all good mate 
beerchug.gif

The Zuperdac is amazing at what it does and especially for the price. That being said fortunately there's a difference in sound quality between the $79 Zuperdac and $250 Opus #11.

I hear you about the stacks. After being very lojal to Anfroid-fi for  long time I was pleasantly surprised by how much I like the Opus #1 DAP. Both for it's sq but also very much due to the all-in-one solution it represents. 

Yeah, those A4's............nuff said 
wink_face.gif

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #248 of 251
Dec 21, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #249 of 251
Are you going to review the Tennmak Pro?

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #250 of 251
Are you going to review the Tennmak Pro?

I'm afraid I won't. I really didn't like them stock because of the overwhelming mid bass. Doing the bass port mod made them a lot better but I don't feel it's right to review them modded.

Cheers
Peter

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #251 of 251
Added the bit Opus #1 DAP to the list:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-opus-opus-1/reviews/17797

Users who are viewing this thread

Back