Perreaux SXH-1 Headphone Amp at AA
Aug 31, 2003 at 6:55 PM Post #151 of 503
I want an avatar fo the CD3000 sitting on top of the Perreaux, so nobody get that one, it is mine!!!! I will do it as soon as I receive the amp..........well assuming I will like it

Aug 31, 2003 at 6:59 PM Post #152 of 503
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Willliam,
I'm wondering that will the Perreaux goes well with my CD3000? I know you said that b/f, but I feel that sometime my V.1 and CD3K is a tad too bright. I'm thinking about joining the "pig" team. How the Perreaux compares to the Maxed Out Meta and Gilmore V.1.

Thank,
Purk

Yep, I agree, I found that combo really bright. If you go with the Perreaux you'll probably like it more than the gilmore/3000 combo. I feel it's a really good combo. John could attest to that as well.

Even though I owned it, I never really listen too much to the MOMeta I had, so I really couldn't give you an idea about that.

Aug 31, 2003 at 7:01 PM Post #153 of 503
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
I want an avatar fo the CD3000 sitting on top of the Perreaux, so nobody get that one, it is mine!!!! I will do it as soon as I receive the amp..........well assuming I will like it

rolleyes.gif

Aug 31, 2003 at 7:08 PM Post #154 of 503
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
You guys might want to avoid the "Team Dinky Knob" moniker though.

Too late now. "Team Dinky Knob" it is.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for Sovkiller - let this be THE amp at last.
3000smile.gif

Aug 31, 2003 at 7:49 PM Post #156 of 503
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
Hey you're right.....I just emailed them to request my shipping refund as well. Thanks for the heads up guys. It's only $11.95 but thats the price of a CD or DVD
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL!!! Nice avatar!! Damn, you beat me to it, I was going to do the same thing!
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I guess I'll send off an email for a refund too. That is so bizarre, the guy who sold me mine didn't even know that there was a promotion and even put me on hold and asked someone else about it and they didn't know either. Sheesh.

EDIT: Just called them. Credit will be issued for the shipping charge on Tuesday. He said he's had a couple orders come in on these he was getting ready for shipping.
smily_headphones1.gif
Hmm, wonder who's those are...

Aug 31, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #157 of 503
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
Hey you're right.....I just emailed them to request my shipping refund as well. Thanks for the heads up guys. It's only $11.95 but thats the price of a CD or DVD
smily_headphones1.gif

John

FYI...this is the ad from the newsletter:

5. $50 Savings on New Compact Perreaux SXH1 Headphone Amp and SXV1 Phono Stage

SXH1 Headphone Amp
http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...p?sku=PERRSXH1

SXV1 Phono Stage
http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...p?sku=PERRSXV1

Regular Price: $349.95 - Now Only $299.95 with $50 Instant Rebate Coupon Plus FREE Shipping*!

Use Coupon Code: WNPERSX

But when you typed the code on the space when placing the order, it is supposed that it did the whole thing, the rebate and the refund in shipping, when you press apply the coupon, or did you place the order by phone....?

Aug 31, 2003 at 11:00 PM Post #158 of 503
Quote:

Originally posted by Sean H
Oh you can hit "too loud" volumes with the SXH-1, no problem there. There is no lack of power at all. I'm just saying, for example with my MG Head, by 10 o'clock on the dial I am at very loud volumes, too loud by 11 o'clock. With the Perreaux I hit equally loud volumes, and too loud of volumes much later on the dial (12-2 o'clock) so it allows me to have greater control over a fine tuned level.

I think we are just talking about gain here basically is all. Not really power. Power, meaning ample current for driving, isn't an issue with the SXH-1 in my experiences so far.

Yes, that's very good to have more control over a fine tuned level. Like you said about your MG Head; once you get to a certain point on the dial, that's it, it's either OK; or too loud once you move up a small notch. Sounds like the Perreaux has a more controlled output and gives you better range overall.

Sep 1, 2003 at 1:14 AM Post #159 of 503
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
But when you typed the code on the space when placing the order, it is supposed that it did the whole thing, the rebate and the refund in shipping, when you press apply the coupon, or did you place the order by phone....?

Sov-
I didn't do any of that...I didnt know about the sale or coupon code so I just ordered it at regular price plus shipping. It wasn't until I got the sale email a day before my amp was due to arrive that I emailed and asked for the sale deal.

John

Sep 1, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #160 of 503
Quote:

Originally posted by Sean H
LOL!!! Nice avatar!! Damn, you beat me to it, I was going to do the same thing!
smily_headphones1.gif

Well Sean....I think that the sleek and superbly machined Dinky Knob is so photogenic it deserves various photographic interpretations.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2003 at 2:09 AM Post #161 of 503
"Its 7 Vrms output delivers 3-watts into 16-ohm 'phones, 1.5-watts into 32 ohms, and 160 milliwatts into 300 ohms. "

I read those on the AA's website. Does it mean the SXH-1 can drive some of the speakers or even the K1000?
Anyone wanna try?
k1000smile.gif

Sep 1, 2003 at 2:21 AM Post #162 of 503
Quote:

Originally posted by MoLtoSoLo
"Its 7 Vrms output delivers 3-watts into 16-ohm 'phones, 1.5-watts into 32 ohms, and 160 milliwatts into 300 ohms. "

I read those on the AA's website. Does it mean the SXH-1 can drive some of the speakers or even the K1000?
Anyone wanna try?
k1000smile.gif

Bring em up for a demo
smily_headphones1.gif

John

Sep 1, 2003 at 3:10 AM Post #163 of 503
Quote:

I think that the sleek and superbly machined Dinky Knob is so photogenic it deserves various photographic interpretations.

It looks like a nipple to me. But then again, everything looks like a nipple to me
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2003 at 2:24 PM Post #165 of 503
It was a nice "artisitic" comparison, but for the wellbeing of the thread, and as people and ME personally wanted this thread alive, I just removed the "artistic" comaprison, but please don't tempt me again OK?......LOL, anyway was not that bad....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back