PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jul 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #2,326 of 9,120
I just wasted an hour trying to do some actual wire management (I never bothered with it before when putting everything together) Don't know why I tried to do it when my case is a total POS that is 100% incapable of wire management in everyway.... Raidmax aolues  just sucks and the back side panel on the picture on new egg shows it being all 3D instead of flat which would make it 100X easier to hide cables but my case has a flat right side panel so nope.  Well I'm getting a new case for sure now before move on to water cooling.  

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #2,327 of 9,120
Ah, playing this is so nostalgic. I remember playing the "SD" version of this back on my old X1800XT, and thinking it looked great. Then when I saw the Xbox 360 version, I thought it looked almost real. It obviously doesn't look so real to me now... Yet it has still aged VERY well.

Bretty gud game, too.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #2,328 of 9,120
I just wasted an hour trying to do some actual wire management (I never bothered with it before when putting everything together) Don't know why I tried to do it when my case is a total POS that is 100% incapable of wire management in everyway.... Raidmax aolues  just sucks and the back side panel on the picture on new egg shows it being all 3D instead of flat which would make it 100X easier to hide cables but my case has a flat right side panel so nope.  Well I'm getting a new case for sure now before move on to water cooling.  
Most cases have flat right panels and they don't have problems with cable management.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #2,329 of 9,120
Quote:
Most cases have flat right panels and they don't have problems with cable management.

Yeah most newer cases will include about an inch of extra space behind the mobo for wire management, even in the budget price ranges, which is nice change.  

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #2,332 of 9,120
Quote:
You guys are lucky,I have less than a quarter inch in the places where there is no holes.

Eh, it just means my case is much wider than I'm used to.  My current Corsair 550D was quite a bit wider than some of my old Antec cases.  

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #2,333 of 9,120
My Raven RV02 has a fairly large amount of space. Around 2 - 3.5cm, although the fact I'm using sleeved extension cables on my PCI-E 6/8pin and 24 pin power, multiple SATA drives velcroed behind the motherboard and the rotated layout of the case makes it more crowded than you would expect. Given the comparatively low cost for the excellent case desgin, I can't complain.

I'd quite like for around 3-5cm of space behind the motherboard so there's lots of space for cables, water cooling tubing and drives.

Jul 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #2,334 of 9,120
Nice thread.

What are the best gaming laptops right now?

Jul 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #2,335 of 9,120
Quote:
Nice thread.

Most like
ASUS ROG
Alienware  
MSI
Samsung Gaming Series

as the most popular gaming laptops 

But companies that are popular amongst pc enthusiasts include
SAGER

and MANY PC OEM's that also have laptop branches such as Origin or iBuyPower etc etc.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #2,336 of 9,120
Quote:
Nice thread.

Definitely Sager. You can have them put whichever parts you want in your laptop. I just had one built to my specs. The total came to $1500. Of course you can build within whatever budget you want but for the price I spent on mine I could not find any prebuilt laptop with better parts. 

Specs: http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/5337619

3DMark Cloud Gate results: http://www.3dmark.com/cg/657806

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #2,337 of 9,120
Quote:
Nice thread.

For the price, Gigabyte all the way!

My last gigabyte notebook was memorable.  Stayed cool, looked nice, and was suprisingly thin for the performance it packed!  Beautiful screen, just gorgeous.  The newer units are matte, though I'm sure they look just as good.

The keyboard backlighting used in the Gigabyte is far more efficient in battery life, and lights the keys better.

Cooling?  My P2532N never felt hot, only mildy warm near the exaust vents.  I'm sure with the more efficient and cooler generation, it will be just fine :wink:

I paid $800 for mine, the alienware alternative was about $500-600ish more.  

THE BEST PART ABOUT THE NOTEBOOK WAS THE EASE OF ACCESS.  THE WHOLE UNIT IS OPENED WITH THE TURN OF A SCREW!  They have all the removable parts exposed, including the cooling fans.  There was even a second HDD/SSD bay that was made available.

My gripes with the design were the amount of room for the palms, the gritty touchpad, and the shallow keyboard.  Perhaps these are fixed, I hate ASUS keyboards.  Why Gigabyte, Why?!?

I sold my Gigabyte for an Asus UX31A, worst decision ever.  This piece of shiny metal gets hot, very hot.

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #2,339 of 9,120
Quote:
Just redid my wiring. Any rates from 1-10? Thanks
biggrin.gif

I see wires .. 1.5-10 
size]

No but seriously, nice job!  If I weren't lazy I'd show you how bad mine are.  Maybe you could come over to my place and fix my cables XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back