PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jul 26, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #2,297 of 9,120
If you live in the USA, you see those FixMyPC ads all the time, and every time I see them, I facepalm. People complain about their PCs running slow, or about a virus, etc., etc. But the problem is, they neglect their computers at first. If they took care of it, it never would've happened.

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #2,298 of 9,120
Quote:
My dad does repairs for free, usually because the computer he's repairing is his.

LOL!  

Quote:
If you live in the USA, you see those FixMyPC ads all the time, and every time I see them, I facepalm. People complain about their PCs running slow, or about a virus, etc., etc. But the problem is, they neglect their computers at first. If they took care of it, it never would've happened.

Meh, they charge $120 to reinstall WinXP, with additional fees if you want it optimized (drivers).

Anyone know of a worthy upgrade to the AD900x for less than $400?
Looking for a slightly less bright, more detailed, and heavier hitting bass headphone.  My dac/amp will be an Aune T1.
The AD900x is good, but feel like is missing out on electronic/house tracks. They also can sound a bit bright depending on the genre.  They start to lose detail on fast percussion, especially with cymbals.  Sounds like the notes blend in together.

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #2,299 of 9,120
Quote:
LOL!  

Meh, they charge $120 to reinstall WinXP, with additional fees if you want it optimized (drivers).

Looking for a slightly less bright, more detailed, and heavier hitting bass headphone.  My dac/amp will be an Aune T1.
The AD900x is good, but feel like is missing out on electronic/house tracks. They also can sound a bit bright depending on the genre.  They start to lose detail on fast percussion, especially with cymbals.  Sounds like the notes blend in together.

Hmm...I remember the Basshead Club (which I'm part of) talked about it a few days back.

I think you could try a Beyer dt770, a true basshead can.
The 880 and 990s are also bassy cans, so you could give them a try.
Then there's the Philips Fidelio X1, bassy with lotsa detail too.

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #2,300 of 9,120
Quote:
Hmm...I remember the Basshead Club (which I'm part of) talked about it a few days back.

I think you could try a Beyer dt770, a true basshead can.
The 880 and 990s are also bassy cans, so you could give them a try.
Then there's the Philips Fidelio X1, bassy with lotsa detail too.

I have a 990 pro, the bass is more prominent but not always punchier.  Not looking for a dt770, need my mids XD

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #2,301 of 9,120
Quote:
LOL!  

Pick up a set of V-MODA Crossfade M-100s. They excel at EDM and have a very heavy bass impact. Exactly what you're looking for I think.

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #2,302 of 9,120
Quote:

Pick up a set of V-MODA Crossfade M-100s. They excel at EDM and have a very heavy bass impact. Exactly what you're looking for I think.

The dt770 and m100 do seem like good choices, but I think I want something semi/open.  If there was a slightly warmer and darker version of the AD900x..  The tonality can be a little fatiguing at times.

The AD1000x's price has hiked, was thinking about the HE-400.  Not sure if I want it though, and I don't want to buy first then ask questions!

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #2,303 of 9,120
Quote:
The dt770 and m100 do seem like good choices, but I think I want something semi/open.  If there was a slightly warmer and darker version of the AD900x..  The tonality can be a little fatiguing at times.

The AD1000x's price has hiked, was thinking about the HE-400.  Not sure if I want it though, and I don't want to buy first then ask questions!

Well, like I said, the Fidelio X1 is a bassy can, plus it's open which should check that on your list. Tyll says it sounds great, too.

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2,304 of 9,120
Quote:

I haven't heard them but if you like the AT house sound than perhaps one of the A*00X (non-D versions) would be in order?  Closed backs so that they should have the bass you're looking for but not a big change to the 'tone'.

I do know what you're talking about; I tried to listen to a Mozart cd with my AD900X and cringed away.  Put the M50s on and enjoyed it much better.

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #2,307 of 9,120
Quote:
Well, like I said, the Fidelio X1 is a bassy can, plus it's open which should check that on your list. Tyll says it sounds great, too.

Hmm, I'll have to think about them.
Quote:
I haven't heard them but if you like the AT house sound than perhaps one of the A*00X (non-D versions) would be in order?  Closed backs so that they should have the bass you're looking for but not a big change to the 'tone'.

I do know what you're talking about; I tried to listen to a Mozart cd with my AD900X and cringed away.  Put the M50s on and enjoyed it much better.

Own the A900x, great headphone.  I think at this point I need something different, and the ma900 did not suit me particularly well.

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #2,308 of 9,120
Quote:
I was fixing my LEDs inside my case and I forgot to discharge, and I realized that as my hand was half an inch away from my GPU... That was bad. Luckily I didn't zap it into oblivion.

I have yet to properly discharge before working with my computer, still have not had any static related accidents yet
I'm one lucky ignorant person aren't I :)

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #2,310 of 9,120
I don't live with carpetted floor, and there is very little static occurances where I am. OBVIOUSLY, one should still use proper safety measures. But just saying...you live with carpets?
Yes, yes I do. Though when I built my PC I did it on the tiled kitchen/ dining room.

I have yet to properly discharge before working with my computer, still have not had any static related accidents yet
I'm one lucky ignorant person aren't I :)
Yeah, when I was building I would touch my case every few minutes because well, I'm a paranoid person.

You can usually get away with just tapping the metal part of your computer case every now and then, that should discharge any static buildup.
I technically did when I took the side panel off sooo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back