PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Feb 24, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #8,821 of 9,120
  You can change the order of the POST sequence? I thought that they were always set to be the most complete and "correct". Making sure that there was not something redundant or missed due to the dependents.

I know that tests can be disabled, but I am curious about changing the order of things. Fast boot skips certain tests that are not necessary for a computer that is perfectly fine, and while that changes the order, it is not manually changed, the BIOs already knows what to disable/enable.

Most UEFI computers these days allow for more advanced options such as disabling un-needed SATA ports and hot plug settings, disabling checking/bootup from certain USB controllers, moving Boot order and record around and deleting the ones you don't use.

These things and the other general settings can get your computer booting pretty fast. I do a lot of config, so I pretty much have every option enabled with normal POST check tests. 

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #8,822 of 9,120
Messing around with the BIOs in my machines is something I tend to avoid besides the recent OCing I have done... maybe I will look into the POST stuff later on. Seems like it could be interesting.

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #8,823 of 9,120
Haha, after a recent episode where I managed a bad flash on BOTH of my 980ti cards, I'm a little wary of everything...

Thankfully the OC community came to my rescue and all ended up good :)

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #8,824 of 9,120
  Messing around with the BIOs in my machines is something I tend to avoid besides the recent OCing I have done... maybe I will look into the POST stuff later on. Seems like it could be interesting.

Depends on your motherboard generation as well. Waaaaay more options on a LGA2011 X99 (was confusing when I went to setup a friends PC) compared to my old LGA1155 P67. But then, I think 1155 was right when motherboard manufacturers were making the switch from old style BIOS to UEFI on mainstream boards.

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #8,826 of 9,120

I've been playing lots of audio surf lately... changed some of the sound effects to more interesting things.

Yeah I should have known better 
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #8,831 of 9,120
1080p is irrelevant anyway, I don't know of any PC in the past 10 years that has produced an interlaced signal...

Tsk!

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #8,833 of 9,120
  You must try the colored modes if you didn't already! I just don't get people who buys audiosurf just for the sake of playing the mono modes
tongue_smile.gif

I tried all those other modes when I first got it.  I never really got into anything else but mono and "iron mode" which I wished made it harder, but maybe I'll give them a try again.  

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #8,834 of 9,120
Mar 7, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #8,835 of 9,120
 I tried all those other modes when I first got it.  I never really got into anything else but mono and "iron mode" which I wished made it harder, but maybe I'll give them a try again.  

If you don't generally like puzzle games like tetris or zuma I can see why you don't like the colored modes either. IMO it is just what sets audiosurf apart from the stuff like geometry dash and such.
After you get comfortable enough with it and start not worrying about overfills, it adds a lot of complexity to the gameplay which you may or may not like.
On a side note, getting better scores with the colored modes is very hard on the easy difficulty but gets easier in the pro and elite modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back