PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jul 9, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #8,266 of 9,120

One hell of a build, took me a few hours, managed to squeeze everything in. The other side just has the GPU.

Have to say, it was really fun, wasn't that hard at all. I did most of the planning and wire routing in my head before hand, I just had to deal with the issues that came up.

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #8,267 of 9,120
Originally Posted by VXAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One hell of a build, took me a few hours, managed to squeeze everything in. The other side just has the GPU.

Have to say, it was really fun, wasn't that hard at all. I did most of the planning and wire routing in my head before hand, I just had to deal with the issues that came up.

Dang! Amazing packing in there! What temps is it running?

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #8,268 of 9,120
  Dang! Amazing packing in there! What temps is it running?

Idle the CPU sits about 45C, GPU sits around 40C.

Under full load, the CPU at stock speed from OCCT stressing is 60C, OCCT GPU Stress test, the GPU hits about 73C.

The CPU is a Pentium G3258, and currently the GPU is a Reference 550Ti. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the temps, I'm going to be doing some GPU swapping and overclocking the CPU, so it's bound to change over time, but it works.

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #8,269 of 9,120
Idle the CPU sits about 45C, GPU sits around 40C.

Under full load, the CPU at stock speed from OCCT stressing is 60C, OCCT GPU Stress test, the GPU hits about 73C.

The CPU is a Pentium G3258, and currently the GPU is a Reference 550Ti. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the temps, I'm going to be doing some GPU swapping and overclocking the CPU, so it's bound to change over time, but it works.
What are you gonna be using to cool down the CPU? Could you fit in an AIO?

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #8,270 of 9,120
What are you gonna be using to cool down the CPU? Could you fit in an AIO?

I'm using the stock cooler, and will continue to use it, I could fit an AIO like the H60i, but I can't afford it atm, and for a G3258 it's not worth it.

I've currently got it OCed to 4.0 GHz@1.100V, working slowly on tuning it. So far the temps haven't passed 70C. But with it at 4.0GHz, I'm getting a solid 60FPS out of it in BF4.

Slightly better shots of the build. Swapped out the 550Ti with a 650Ti because the 550Ti was a bottleneck in some games.

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #8,271 of 9,120
That sure looks like an awesome build, I'd love to do a mini-itx build, would be awesome for bringing my PC to friends houses for Brawl tournaments and lan parties.

Jul 10, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #8,272 of 9,120
Perks of winter (4.6GHz 4670k)

Look at those minimum idle temps, numbers I would not be seeing in the summer 
etysmile.gif

I guess overclocking in tropical areas would be easier as, even though temps might be higher, you wouldn't have to worry about ambient temperature consistency. As for me, I would have to lower my GPU clocks in the summer, thus lowering my framerates as well.

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #8,274 of 9,120
  @VXAce would be cool if you could get a Cryorig C7 to pair with that Pentium. It's the same height as the stock cooler but w/ 4x6mm pipes.

I saw that recently, didn't think much of it though, when it gets released I'm going to take a look at how well it does. Problem is is that Cryorig products are rare still.

I was thinking of the NH-L9i, but the price is scary. Hah.

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #8,275 of 9,120
Are coolers like the Prolimatech Megahalems not desired anymore?

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #8,276 of 9,120
  Are coolers like the Prolimatech Megahalems not desired anymore?

Nope. The Hyper 212 EVO/+ dominated the market for bang for buck and it's all people get unless they go big air coolers which Cryorig and Noctua fight over since Thermalright is quite the rare commodity in the States. The other choice is AIO loops but that's just about it. I rarely see other coolers being used. I don't feel like Prolimatech is that big anymore.

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #8,277 of 9,120
I've never even heard of Prolimatech. Hyper 212 stuff pretty still dominates the market, I don't think I've ever planned or recommended a "normal" rig without a Hyper 212 Evo, it's just a few bucks and you get much better temps.

AIO loops are nice, but I still err on the side of air cooling, this rig specifically I may eventually go AIO (H60i), but that's because of the space constrains vs. cooling power + airflow.

4.2 GHz @ 1.100V, might be as far as I can push it with this thing, 70C is as hot as I want...

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #8,278 of 9,120
  Nope. The Hyper 212 EVO/+ dominated the market for bang for buck and it's all people get unless they go big air coolers which Cryorig and Noctua fight over since Thermalright is quite the rare commodity in the States. The other choice is AIO loops but that's just about it. I rarely see other coolers being used. I don't feel like Prolimatech is that big anymore.

I've never even heard of Prolimatech. Hyper 212 stuff pretty still dominates the market, I don't think I've ever planned or recommended a "normal" rig without a Hyper 212 Evo, it's just a few bucks and you get much better temps.

AIO loops are nice, but I still err on the side of air cooling, this rig specifically I may eventually go AIO (H60i), but that's because of the space constrains vs. cooling power + airflow.

4.2 GHz @ 1.100V, might be as far as I can push it with this thing, 70C is as hot as I want...

The Cryorig H7 I have in my build is awesome. Supposedly, it performs better than a Hyper 212 Evo, looks much cooler (no pun intended), and is the same price. 

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #8,279 of 9,120

The Cryorig H7 I have in my build is awesome. Supposedly, it performs better than a Hyper 212 Evo, looks much cooler (no pun intended), and is the same price. 

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/9.html

Yup. Cryorig has a pretty good reputation with the R1 Ultimate so I'm honestly surprised the Hyper 212 hype hasn't died off yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back