PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 17, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #8,011 of 9,120
  Need a little help. Ok so, my stuff runs fine except for one problem: Game freezes and crashes. On BF4, I'll be playing, and every 5-7 min., my game will freeze, close, ad the little blue bar will say transitioning, so I have to go into Task Manager to close it. On Insurgency, every few minutes, the game will freeze and do the skipping sound thing, and I have to Alt + Tab out and bck in to fix it, only to have it happen again in another few minutes. Apparently, Gigabyte's App Center was apparently causing BF4 to crash, and when I disabled it, it worked (yesterday) and today, it started up again.

Disable all startup programs. Enable only bare minimum services. 
Disable AV, and 3rd party programs. Now try.

If it doesn't work.

Boot into a safe or Windows mode that has minimal services that will still allow program execution. Disable AV. Now Try.

Work backwardsd slowly enabling apps to find the one or one(s) that cause the issue. 

Another thing could be drivers. Is it the most recent drivers? If so, when did you last update drivers. If recently, rollback to previous version. 

Also, reseat your hardware. It seems you did a recent hardware change switchup. That could cause errors. Just reseat

May 17, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #8,012 of 9,120
  Disable all startup programs. Enable only bare minimum services. 
Disable AV, and 3rd party programs. Now try.

If it doesn't work.

Boot into a safe or Windows mode that has minimal services that will still allow program execution. Disable AV. Now Try.

Work backwardsd slowly enabling apps to find the one or one(s) that cause the issue. 

Another thing could be drivers. Is it the most recent drivers? If so, when did you last update drivers. If recently, rollback to previous version. 

Also, reseat your hardware. It seems you did a recent hardware change switchup. That could cause errors. Just reseat

Ok, so BF was fixed by simply uninstalling the stupid AppCenter, guess no fan control for me, oh well... Insurgency has the problem still, gonna get it solved once summer rolls in (just this week left...)

May 18, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #8,013 of 9,120
  Ok, so BF was fixed by simply uninstalling the stupid AppCenter, guess no fan control for me, oh well... Insurgency has the problem still, gonna get it solved once summer rolls in (just this week left...)

Finals finished yet?

lol

I bought a GPU from a friend and here I am with it lol for my summer computer. It's a 7870GHz like my others but this one is a non-reference design from XFX with Double D stuff in it :/

May 18, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #8,014 of 9,120

This is my mitx build with some mini charging cables :D.

May 18, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #8,015 of 9,120
Finals finished yet?

lol

I bought a GPU from a friend and here I am with it lol for my summer computer. It's a 7870GHz like my others but this one is a non-reference design from XFX with Double D stuff in it :/
Finals is Wednesday and Thursday, and we're out (Thursday). Excited as hell to not have work to do.
And double D's are hot... XD

This is my mitx build with some mini charging cables :D.
Can we see into the little window plz?
We can be Corsair Obsidian buddies.
Wait... Is that a sticker in the side...? HOW DARE YOU RUIN THE OBSIDIAN WITH AN ABOMINATION!

May 18, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #8,016 of 9,120
Finals is Wednesday and Thursday, and we're out (Thursday). Excited as hell to not have work to do.
And double D's are hot... XD
Can we see into the little window plz?
We can be Corsair Obsidian buddies.
Wait... Is that a sticker in the side...? HOW DARE YOU RUIN THE OBSIDIAN WITH AN ABOMINATION!

I'm so sorry the inside of my computer is not very neat because I figured that I'm rarely gonna look at it anyway. It has the following specs:
i5-4670K Haswell w/ a Corsair H60
Gigabyte Z87 mitx
Kraken G10 with an R9 290
16GB of some kingston RAM
240GB Crucial M4
120GB Sandisk Extreme
2TB Seagate Green HDD
3 Noctua NF-F12 fans with some 5 fan splitter...
QNIX QX2710 with some cheap mount

Also yes it is a sticker, I got it for free but I am thinking of taking it out since it's crooked.

Here's a pic of the rest of my setup. I keep wishing I had more desk real estate and I also wish that my cable management was cleaner :frowning2:...

May 18, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #8,017 of 9,120
The one game i was looking forward to play this year  gets downgraded
frown.gif
.This lifted my spirits though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDilcyyyKJM

May 18, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #8,019 of 9,120
I feel really guilty since I only use my PC for music, redditing/facebook/head-fi and watching movies now... Totally wasting my R9 290 haha.

May 18, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #8,021 of 9,120
And quite a bit of electricity.

I kinda doubt that. My fans run super low when I'm not under load and my cpu is underclocked for that purpose. Everything else like the krks are off when I don't use them and the qnix is energy efficient a pls panel.

May 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #8,023 of 9,120
The 290 is a energy-non efficient card...?

I'm sure it is but I doubt that my PC is the highest benefactor of my electric bill. It's probably a good thing as I don't leave it on as long as I am gaming. But really though, computers don't take that much energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back