PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Apr 21, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #7,981 of 9,120
That and the fact that I move an entire 300gb at 100+mbps and the temp doesn't change a single degree from when I booted it up.  Both programs show no change and it's simply locked at 45 degrees Celsius.

irrational fears FTW.  I don't remember if it was like this before I installed the 3rd drive.

EDIT:  Played some GTAV and now all the drives read 36 degrees Celsius.  How useless, 2015 and we still can't get stuff to work properly.

Apr 21, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #7,982 of 9,120
I would rather not worry about how hot it runs, consider that microsd cards can become hot if you do heavy copy on them, and as ssd is basically the same technology, it is normal as long as it is within the stated operational temperatures.

Some time ago i was very concerned about graphics card temperature, in a laptop, so i bought a cooler. needless to say, it does not change much.

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #7,983 of 9,120
GPU (graphics card ) temps are a whole different issue and when run hard can often require or benefit from aftermarket cooling solutions. GPUs can run real hot especially if you case does not have great airflow

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #7,985 of 9,120
My XPS 13 came in :p I'm happy so far it's nice to have a decently fast light laptop. The screen is amazing. Only sad thing is that it gets a bit hot from Youtube. From our earlier RAM discussions, not that I'm happy there's no 16GB option since I would've jumped on that so fast, but I can see the case where the extra 8GB is useless because anything very resource intensive on this laptop is either going to be too hot or start slowing down the laptop. Not noticing any snappiness issues just browsing Youtube and random websites, just fan and heat.

Sadly the palm rejection isn't so great though I feel like it's just I haven't updated the drivers.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #7,986 of 9,120
My XPS 13 came in
tongue.gif
I'm happy so far it's nice to have a decently fast light laptop. The screen is amazing. Only sad thing is that it gets a bit hot from Youtube. From our earlier RAM discussions, not that I'm happy there's no 16GB option since I would've jumped on that so fast, but I can see the case where the extra 8GB is useless because anything very resource intensive on this laptop is either going to be too hot or start slowing down the laptop. Not noticing any snappiness issues just browsing Youtube and random websites, just fan and heat.

Sadly the palm rejection isn't so great though I feel like it's just I haven't updated the drivers.

palm rejection?

does something like this exist? 

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #7,987 of 9,120
My XPS 13 came in :p I'm happy so far it's nice to have a decently fast light laptop. The screen is amazing. Only sad thing is that it gets a bit hot from Youtube. From our earlier RAM discussions, not that I'm happy there's no 16GB option since I would've jumped on that so fast, but I can see the case where the extra 8GB is useless because anything very resource intensive on this laptop is either going to be too hot or start slowing down the laptop. Not noticing any snappiness issues just browsing Youtube and random websites, just fan and heat.

palm rejection?

does something like this exist? 

Yeah, when you type and your palm rubs against the touchpad it shouldn't activate.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #7,988 of 9,120
Yeah, when you type and your palm rubs against the touchpad it shouldn't activate.

really?

i mean, does anything in the world have such a great feature?..

mine always takes the page wherever it likes to because i slightly touch the pad with the back of my hand. I adapted to typing without touching the touch pad while typing, something like keeping my hands in the air... 

Great, i never knew i could except to get so much from a new laptop...

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #7,989 of 9,120

really?

i mean, does anything in the world have such a great feature?..

mine always takes the page wherever it likes to because i slightly touch the pad with the back of my hand. I adapted to typing without touching the touch pad while typing, something like keeping my hands in the air... 

Great, i never knew i could except to get so much from a new laptop...

Yeah, MacBooks have this feature.

May 3, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #7,991 of 9,120
Hmm... I'm fed up, my deskbound PC (i7 4790 / 32gb ram / R7 290 / Ultra Extreme SSD) has a harder time playing back 4k YouTube video than my Yoga Pro 3 :frowning2:

Screen freezing / black screen / stuttering... - this applies to iPhone video recordings also :frowning2:

Guess its time to reinstall everything - again :frowning2:

May 3, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #7,993 of 9,120
Hmm... I'm fed up, my deskbound PC (i7 4790 / 32gb ram / R7 290 / Ultra Extreme SSD) has a harder time playing back 4k YouTube video than my Yoga Pro 3 :frowning2:

Screen freezing / black screen / stuttering... - this applies to iPhone video recordings also :frowning2:

Are you overclocking?

May 3, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #7,995 of 9,120

No sense at all. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back