PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Feb 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #766 of 9,120
Quote:

They also dumped an absurd amount of money into the CGI cut scenes.

I really hope it doesn't mean future MMOs will never be like it, because it really is great. It's the first MMO since Ultima Online that's really held my interest...

EDIT: I do think their initial payment strategy was possibly the biggest problem, though. If they would have designed it from the ground up with F2P/Microtransactions in mind, it would have been a lot more successful.

can you post the CGI?

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #768 of 9,120
Grrrrr. Damn SWTOR got really hard all of a sudden. Fighting a boss, I can't even get close to beating him. He kills my companion in like 10 seconds, then juggles me the rest of the fight.
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #770 of 9,120
Quote:
Grrrrr. Damn SWTOR got really hard all of a sudden. Fighting a boss, I can't even get close to beating him. He kills my companion in like 10 seconds, then juggles me the rest of the fight.
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

SWTOR bosses are normally easily defeated when they're at your level. Unless this is that Jedi Strike Commander you should be fine. Does the boss have medic underlings with him?

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #771 of 9,120
Quote:

SWTOR bosses are normally easily defeated when they're at your level. Unless this is that Jedi Strike Commander you should be fine. Does the boss have medic underlings with him?

No, it's just him. His name is Valis, and he's the boss of the 1st chapter for Jedis. His strategy is blow you away, hit you with high damage ranged attacks as you're running toward him, then he force chokes you when you get to him, after that he knocks you to the ground, then he repeats the process over again. You can interrupt his attacks and break that cycle momentarily, but cooldown on your skills is muuuuch slower than his.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #772 of 9,120
Quote:

No, it's just him. His name is Valis, and he's the boss of the 1st chapter for Jedis. His strategy is blow you away, hit you with high damage ranged attacks as you're running toward him, then he force chokes you when you get to him, after that he knocks you to the ground, then he repeats the process over again. You can interrupt his attacks and break that cycle momentarily, but cooldown on your skills is muuuuch slower than his.

His strategy sounds like a typical DPS build sith inquisitor. Do you have any sprint skills? A tank companion could help too.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #773 of 9,120
Found a dude to group up with. With two people it takes like 15 seconds to bring him down. lol.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #775 of 9,120
Yeah if you can force charge to him it would have helped I suppose.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #777 of 9,120
Quote:
Yeah if you can force charge to him it would have helped I suppose.

Not as much as you'd think. By the time you get to him, even when leaping, he's blasted off his attack already.

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #778 of 9,120
One member in the anime thread said that AntiChamber was a good game?

Any of you guys play it?

It looks like something I would play if I was high?
Thanks Bowei... I really want to get it now... :frowning2:

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #779 of 9,120
Thanks Bowei... I really want to get it now... :frowning2:
Why. Thank accoun. He was the one that brought it up?

It looks very. Trancey though.

-----
Guys. Never settle deals are availble

$150 AMD 78xx cards will yield you
Bioshock indinite
Tomb raider(new)

So if you wanted a new card an want those games. Its a good deal.

There should be other deals for other cards as well. Probably mehdeals for 77xx and great ones for 79xx

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #780 of 9,120
Quote:
Why. Thank accoun. He was the one that brought it up?

It looks very. Trancey though.

Guys. Never settle deals are availble

$150 AMD 78xx cards will yield you
Bioshock indinite
Tomb raider(new)

So if you wanted a new card an want those games. Its a good deal.

There should be other deals for other cards as well. Probably mehdeals for 77xx and great ones for 79xx

Apparently the deals are there because AMD aren't releasing their next gen until the distribution channel is mostly emptied of the HD7 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back