PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Feb 1, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #4,396 of 9,120
  DOGECOIN UPDATE!

So I played around with my clocks and voltage a whole lot. I tried increasing and decreasing it but no matter what I did it would always end up between 520-620kh/s on every configuration I tried.  

Then I thought about my software.....  I wasn't going to even bother trying different drivers and I knew that CGMiner 3.7.2 was good.  No one ever had any problems with that.  And then I remembered what SDK I was running.  I just downloaded the most recent SDK from amd's site (which happens to be 2.9)  In the hours of googling and testing I did I found one dude on a single random forum way back in 2012 who said that 2.8 sdk was not good for mining.  I also found that most the people having 500 ish hash rates with their 7970s (regardless of model or what bios they were running) had 2.8 listed as there sdk.  

So I did what one random dude 2 and a half years said and tried rolling back to a 2.7 sdk.  Turns out something that only ONE person on the internet recommended worked, and I found out that 2.9 sdk isn't any better than the 2.8 sdk.  

after installing I kept the 880core, 1600mem and 1050v that was working the best for me on the old sdk and now it was only like 5kh/s higher.  I raised core and mem a bit more -- a bit better hash rate.  Eventually I got to something like 900core, 1700mem and the same 1050v which raised me up to a steady 660kh/s.

I again referred to the HW comparison guide and lowered their suggested config which just crashed my card, and at 1100core and 1875mem (which they recommend) and 1110v I got 760kh/s for about 10 minutes and then I started getting screen artifacts as the temp rose to 80c.... so I'm guessing the mem can't handle that frequency.  Still very happy I figured it out.

TL;DR I figured out that 2.9 sdk is crap, went back to 2.7 and got my hash rate up to 760kh/s

EDIT: It'd be cool to see if you guys got any better rates on 2.4-2.7 sdks as well.

WAIT WHAT. lol. I was bored enough to mine some dogecoin too. Though I'm having trouble connecting to the pool... so I can't get the rigs I was meaning to mine on up and running. Seems some ISPs are doing something annoying?

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #4,397 of 9,120
  WAIT WHAT. lol. I was bored enough to mine some dogecoin too. Though I'm having trouble connecting to the pool... so I can't get the rigs I was meaning to mine on up and running. Seems some ISPs are doing something annoying?

The dogehouse pools are still up although the autopayment is lagging so hard for the majority of people.  Pretty much everything dogecoin related is backed up.

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #4,398 of 9,120
  The dogehouse pools are still up although the autopayment is lagging so hard for the majority of people.  Pretty much everything dogecoin related is backed up.

Know any pools that don't use port 3333? Though I should just set up a VPN and get it over with. Just too noob to do it. Mining on an Atom N270, while hilarious, is totally pointless when you have some old but substantial rigs laying around.

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #4,399 of 9,120
  Know any pools that don't use port 3333? Though I should just set up a VPN and get it over with. Just too noob to do it. Mining on an Atom N270, while hilarious, is totally pointless when you have some old but substantial rigs laying around.

I'm not even sure... This is my first time ever mining hence the wall of text but dogehouse https://dogehouse.org/index.php?page=dashboard
has two pools w/o 3333 (I think?) From their site:

New stratums are up please move your rigs : stratum+tcp://stratum7.dogehouse.org:9090 (Low diff) , stratum+tcp://stratum8.dogehouse.org:3336 (High diff)

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #4,400 of 9,120
  I'm not even sure... This is my first time ever mining hence the wall of text but dogehouse https://dogehouse.org/index.php?page=dashboard
has two pools w/o 3333 (I think?) From their site:

New stratums are up please move your rigs : stratum+tcp://stratum7.dogehouse.org:9090 (Low diff) , stratum+tcp://stratum8.dogehouse.org:3336 (High diff)

Oh? Thanks! I'll give them a shot.

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #4,401 of 9,120
  after installing I kept the 880core, 1600mem and 1050v that was working the best for me on the old sdk and now it was only like 5kh/s higher.  I raised core and mem a bit more -- a bit better hash rate.  Eventually I got to something like 900core, 1700mem and the same 1050v which raised me up to a steady 660kh/s.

I think you can push the core up a little more, did you try optimising that yet? or are you happy with the current temps so you decided to call it there.

With 1700 memory you can push the core to something like 940-960 before drop off.

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #4,402 of 9,120

I think you can push the core up a little more, did you try optimising that yet? or are you happy with the current temps so you decided to call it there.

With 1700 memory you can push the core to something like 940-960 before drop off.

I went down to 1GHz core and 1675 memory just to be safe.  Core temp is 70-71 C throughout the entire night but I can't check my memory temps I have a little fan controller with a temp readout on the heatsink for the vrms and it says they're at 67-68 C. People say anything at 80c or under is safe but that just seems scary for me lol. I get 690kh/s.

Also I can't open the dogecoin wallet when I woke up this morning.  'System Error: Database Corrupted'  I have yet to find a solution but other people have the same problem.

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #4,403 of 9,120
  I went down to 1GHz core and 1675 memory just to be safe.  Core temp is 70-71 C throughout the entire night but I can't check my memory temps I have a little fan controller with a temp readout on the heatsink for the vrms and it says they're at 67-68 C. People say anything at 80c or under is safe but that just seems scary for me lol. I get 690kh/s.

Also I can't open the dogecoin wallet when I woke up this morning.  'System Error: Database Corrupted'  I have yet to find a solution but other people have the same problem.

Sounds good, grats!

You can use gpu-z to check the VRM temps, they run really toasty, about 90C for me.

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #4,404 of 9,120

Sounds good, grats!

You can use gpu-z to check the VRM temps, they run really toasty, about 90C for me.

okay well that's good to know, I'll push it back up to 1700ish and get the 700+ hashrate everyone else gets then.  Also if dogecoin QT is completely messed up can I just copy the wallet.dat file and not lose the coins it had before? 

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #4,409 of 9,120
  Deadly, do you know of any site that allows for INSTANT conversion of coins to USD (or any other currency) that is also secure, and lets you easilly transfer that money to an account?

Just convert into BTC first at an exchange, it's much easier to sell BTC, there should be plenty of services, I think coinbase does it? (I'm not familiar with anything in the US)

You'll only lose like 0.2% converting into BTC, so don't sweat it.

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #4,410 of 9,120

Just convert into BTC first at an exchange, it's much easier to sell BTC, there should be plenty of services, I think coinbase does it? (I'm not familiar with anything in the US)

You'll only lose like 0.2% converting into BTC, so don't sweat it.

I'm currently using VoS like what most other Doge's are doing, its a pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back