PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 30, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #4,366 of 9,120
I can't believe I just made $40 for mining Dogecoins for a 6 days -_- 
rolleyes.gif

I'd rather just get it in USD. All the sites that exchange them to gift cards have too high of a premium

21,000 Doge exchanged on VoS equals about $32 USD

one treats.io , 21k Doge equals a $25 gift card from Amazon..

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #4,367 of 9,120
  I can't believe I just made $40 for mining Dogecoins for a 6 days -_- 
rolleyes.gif

I'd rather just get it in USD. All the sites that exchange them to gift cards have too high of a premium

21,000 Doge exchanged on VoS equals about $32 USD

one treats.io , 21k Doge equals a $25 gift card from Amazon..

Everyone posting about all the money they make mining really makes me feel bad about not doing it.... Especially since I don't have to pay for electricity.

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #4,370 of 9,120
  Everyone posting about all the money they make mining really makes me feel bad about not doing it.... Especially since I don't have to pay for electricity.

There's a lot of mini headaches associated with crashes here and there, exchanges etc etc

6 full days? Did you leave your computer running the bitcoin generator the whole time? And was it worth it after deducting the electricity costs invovled?

Yes I did leave it running. Not bitcoin, dogecoin.

I pay a flat yearly fee for electricity. Meaning I can use all I want or as little as I want.

Bowie, what pool are you in/recommend using? I'm just going to try it for the next few days and see what happens....

recommend?

I read a little here and there about it, and like Deadly suggested to me, it seems that for newbies and mainstream miners, that the biggest pools are fine. I'm using DogeHouse which deadly suggested and is a fairly big one.

As you know, you only get 'confirmed coins' once a block has been fully mined. This means that large pools can mine and give you your shares and have it deposited quicker. But THIS also means that as there are more people mining. The dividens are smaller. 

The smaller pools mine slower, but spread more out per block. It basically works out to the same once its all said and done.

The more elite miners seem to have a stable pool they use, but also a 'oppurtunity' one in where new startup pools with great rates, introductary terms etc will get you a schiit ton of coins in a small time. Problem with them is that they are unstable, and you could potentially not make any money if the guy somehow runs away with all of it. It's a gamble.

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #4,371 of 9,120
I've been doing stuff now and I've noted one thing

I absolutely need to do a restart of the computer any time I want to play a game with Crossfire.

It seems if I stop the miner and shut it all off. And set Afterburner to stock profile, and then turn CrossfireX on....that my system will absolutely freeze and then crash a minute or two later after a bit of lag and Windows telling me of driver failure etc.

Sad Panda :frowning2: Oh well.

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #4,372 of 9,120
Thanks for the info. I'm watching this thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8RoBSTnxU

most of it is review but there's some good info in it.  Still learning to write my batch file and all that.

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #4,373 of 9,120
  Thanks for the info. I'm watching this thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8RoBSTnxU

most of it is review but there's some good info in it.  Still learning to write my batch file and all that.

Most pools give you instructions on writting it OR give you a premade one

I suggest using a premade one first. You'll soon learn how to edit it, and all that good stuff.

But its the same if you make it yourself. It's not that hard, but spacing and 'lines' are important.

There are many guides online for various suggested intensity, thread, TC etc stuff. Try them out and see what works best for you at the 'volume' and computer usability that you are fine with. With my curent settings. I take a 100kH hit, but my computer is fully stable for use anytime while its cranking, it produces very low amounts of heat, and noise levels are only very very slightly above the normal unheareable. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #4,374 of 9,120
Since i only just started too.

Who wants to let me know what they think the future of Dogecoin is?

I currently have 14k on VOS (exhange) and I want to know if I should keep and wait. Or sell fast to usd if dogecoin is hitting the edge

Becuase i know that dogecoin is rising fast as hell right now. To even allow 560kHashers a chance at $53 a week is awesome

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #4,375 of 9,120
Since i only just started too.

I currently have 14k on VOS (exhange) and I want to know if I should keep and wait. Or sell fast to usd if dogecoin is hitting the edge

Becuase i know that dogecoin is rising fast as hell right now. To even allow 560kHashers a chance at $53 a week is awesome

If there was a "Chuck-coin" when Chuck Norris was a hot meme, how do you think it would look like today, realistically speaking? It would most probably be dead. That's your Dogecoin future.

Sorry: "Dogecoin. Soo much sad. Awesome dead tho" and "Chuckcoins were too deadly for mere mortals to handle, so humanity had to ban it to survive".

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #4,376 of 9,120
Well I guess I'm mining some doge house pool at an average 16.7kh/s..... I have a 7970 at 1000MHz  I assume the reason it being so poopy is because I'm using the premade batch file that has -I set to d? should I change that to 10 or 11? Also people talk about changing batch stuff based on your card with this:

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

so I have a sapphire dual x 7970 and see my model number listed I changed some info and now it  won't work : P I'll get this sorted I'm sure I'm such a noob.  Also, if I just have the doge wallet thing sitting there how do I link it to what I mine? Thanks for almost spoon feeding me, I'm playing around with stuff as I post this.

EDIT: Changing the intensity to 11 got me up to 133Kh/s still not anything close to the 780 hashrate it's rated for on the site above. Also the Dogehouse site is showing that my worker is currently active but my dashboard doesn't show my hashrate.... only cgminner is showing that.

EDIT 2: So I figured out how to link my wallet to dogehouse (copying address under 'edit account') but the doge coin wallet still shows 0 unconfirmed when the site shows 0.20737164 unconfirmed lol I'm starting to realize the reason my qt wallet is empty is because I haven't cashed out yet right and because I have my auto payout at 0. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #4,377 of 9,120

I recommend selling of a decent sized portion as you mine (75%ish, or more), don't bother trying to speculate what the price may be in the future. Try to sell off semi-regularly like every few days, so it kind of averages out the price fluctuations.

@lingling, show me your bat file and your core/mem clocks, I might be able to help.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #4,378 of 9,120

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum7.dogehouse.org:9090 -u -p  --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum8.dogehouse.org:3336 -u -p  --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.dogehouse.org:943 -u -p --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum3.dogehouse.org:8080 -u  -p --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum.dogehouse.org:3334 -u -p  --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum.dogehouse.org:3333 -u  -p  --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1080 --gpu-memclock 1500
timeout 60

Why there are so many fail over pools (or whatever) is beyond me that's just what the pre-made one came with.  After I added all the red stuff I got up to 416-420Kh/s.  People recommend flashing bios for people with tahiti memory.  I'll try  that in a bit.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #4,379 of 9,120
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum7.dogehouse.org:9090 -u -p  --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum8.dogehouse.org:3336 -u -p  --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.dogehouse.org:943 -u -p --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum3.dogehouse.org:8080 -u  -p --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum.dogehouse.org:3334 -u -p  --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum.dogehouse.org:3333 -u  -p  --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1080 --gpu-memclock 1500
timeout 60

Why there are so many fail over pools (or whatever) is beyond me that's just what the pre-made one came with.  After I added all the red stuff I got up to 416-420Kh/s.  People recommend flashing bios for people with tahiti memory.  I'll try  that in a bit.

Your core speed might be waaaaaay too high, bring it down to 900 and pump your memory up to 1600. The other settings are fine.

If your memory can't take it, then bring down your core speed a little more to 850, then adjust it from there. If cgminer isn't quite overclocking properly, do it manually in trixx, and don't forget to boost the board limit thingy to 20%.

You can probably bring down your VDDC to 1100 pretty easily (at 850-900 core), tune from there.

We need to see if your card responds well to core clock or not, hence my suggestions above.

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #4,380 of 9,120
Msi afterburner says the core clock is at 1080 it says the memory is running at the correct frequency a well. Right now it's at 77c. I remember someone here saying they mine at 80c. I'd feel weird doing that but if it isn't damaging my card I shouldn't be do worried.

I'll try adjusting clocks when I get back.

EDIT: So at 900 and 1600 I'm now up to 616Kh/s average. Still not the "700+ people say they get with my original configuration, I'll keep playing around with it. Thanks for the help that made a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back