PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Aug 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #2,551 of 9,120
Quote:
I have a few left over codes from the bundle as well, I still have Dead Space Origin, Burnout, Crysis2, Dead Space 3, and Medal of Honor.  You can PM me if you want one.

Is the Burnout code for Steam? I'd be very grateful if I could get that.
regular_smile .gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #2,553 of 9,120
Ah, I'll pass. Thought some of the games were Steam.

(I can't bring myself to get a DD program that isn't Steam.
tongue.gif
)

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #2,556 of 9,120
Planning on developing a game everyone!

As to the environment, I was thinking Game Maker.  Anyhow, should I go all or keep it a strictly PC based release?  I have $99 invested already, and $300.01 more will get me:

- Ubuntu (.deb package)
- Windows 8
- Android
- iOS

Have to consider I will need an additional $0+$99+$25+$99*xyears to actually push out to their platforms.  I have android, win8, and iOS devices already.

I doubt I will get enough traction anyways, though this offer is typically $800 / $500 (on sale atm, should end at any given moment)

In all I will be looking at a $525 investment, which is taking away from my headphone purchases lol.  Maybe kickstarter/indiegogo would be an alternative if I were to consider other platforms?

My cable management in a nutshell.  I've been wanting to share this for awhile now :p

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #2,558 of 9,120
Anyway, gearing up to do a computer heat overhaul in my college dorm as a way of showing off da skills. I'm not kidding

Both my Macbook Pro, GPU, and Desktop CPU are in desperate need of applying a fresh tint of thermal paste. 

My Mac's temperatures on normal operation are 10C higher than when I first got them. I'm running fans at 2X the normal fan rate by default (just like I did when I first got it) so it's no issue. at 4000rpm, I'm getting about 46C right now. I used to get about 36C when I first got it. This is due to the fans on the bottom getting dusty etc etc and the thermal paste and crap stock stuff they used.

My CPU literally...is caked dry right now. I need to get some on there. It's normal operation temperature is also 46C. Not bad at all, but it should be around 38C. GPU is about 15C above normal fully fixed operating temperature. (The 5770 had one of the lowest idle and load temps of its time and even now.). The 5770 should idle at around 35-45C and full load gaming at 55C. This is amazing temperatures of course and only achievable back when I cleaned everything out and applied new paste. This is of course even with the stock cooler. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #2,559 of 9,120
Quote:
Anyway, gearing up to do a computer heat overhaul in my college dorm as a way of showing off da skills. I'm not kidding

Both my Macbook Pro, GPU, and Desktop CPU are in desperate need of applying a fresh tint of thermal paste. 

My Mac's temperatures on normal operation are 10C higher than when I first got them. I'm running fans at 2X the normal fan rate by default (just like I did when I first got it) so it's no issue. at 4000rpm, I'm getting about 46C right now. I used to get about 36C when I first got it. This is due to the fans on the bottom getting dusty etc etc and the thermal paste and crap stock stuff they used.

My CPU literally...is caked dry right now. I need to get some on there. It's normal operation temperature is also 46C. Not bad at all, but it should be around 38C. GPU is about 15C above normal fully fixed operating temperature. (The 5770 had one of the lowest idle and load temps of its time and even now.). The 5770 should idle at around 35-45C and full load gaming at 55C. This is amazing temperatures of course and only achievable back when I cleaned everything out and applied new paste. This is of course even with the stock cooler. 

Which thermal paste do you plan on using? I just put Arctic Cooling MX-4 on both the CPU and GPU in my Sager laptop. The computer is brand new but the thermal paste they used at the factory was cheap so I got rid of it and put some real paste on there and it made a huge difference in temps. My max temp dropped 10C and idle temp by roughly 5C. I use the same thermal paste for my desktop. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #2,561 of 9,120
MX-4 works well. I used PK-3 on my last build, it worked well too

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #2,563 of 9,120
Quote:

Which thermal paste do you plan on using? I just put Arctic Cooling MX-4 on both the CPU and GPU in my Sager laptop. The computer is brand new but the thermal paste they used at the factory was cheap so I got rid of it and put some real paste on there and it made a huge difference in temps. My max temp dropped 10C and idle temp by roughly 5C. I use the same thermal paste for my desktop. 

Get MX-4 when its $5, otherwise AS5 lol.

EDIT:  Another reason why Gigabyte notebooks rule!  Die hard Gigabyte fan here 
size]

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #2,564 of 9,120
Quote:
MX-4 works well. I used PK-3 on my last build, it worked well too

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=71658

So yup, NT-H1, PK-3, MX-4 are pretty equal, with lowest temp to highest temp in that order. The variation is so little just look for which one is the least expensive.

Arctic Silver 5 and Ceramique 2 are a bit weak though, as they're around 0.4-0.5 degrees Celsius worse in performance as far as the Delta temperature goes. Still not a big issue.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #2,565 of 9,120
Quote:
http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=71658

So yup, NT-H1, PK-3, MX-4 are pretty equal, with lowest temp to highest temp in that order. The variation is so little just look for which one is the least expensive.

Arctic Silver 5 and Ceramique 2 are a bit weak though, as they're around 0.4-0.5 degrees Celsius worse in performance as far as the Delta temperature goes. Still not a big issue.

Yep. After looking at all those comparisons, I found there to be only a few thermal pastes who performed well across the entire board in all the tests. AC5 and the MX's were on there. But I went with AC5 in the end due to how cheaper it was, and the negligable(to me) differences. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back