PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,877 of 9,120
alan Wake is a great game... are there any mods besides the FXAA injector?

May 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #1,878 of 9,120
Quote:
So, I've got to ask: Did you actually get that much money in USD or do you just have that value of bitcoins? Converting it into actual usable cash seems like a PITA and that's the reason I dropped the idea of mining a while ago.

The profit is after you've counted out the power usage as well?

May 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #1,879 of 9,120
Originally Posted by linglingjr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I've got to ask: Did you actually get that much money in USD or do you just have that value of bitcoins? Converting it into actual usable cash seems like a PITA and that's the reason I dropped the idea of mining a while ago.

I have it in USD/AUD.

It's pretty easy to convert into cash nowadays, there are lots of businesses that do that.

I'd like to know this as well, and how to you go about converting bitcoins into cash?

There are a bunch of websites that buy bitcoins and pay you via bank deposit and such. I use Bitinnovate as I'm from Australia, no problems so far, took a single day to have the funds in my account.

The fee is pretty small for selling bitcoins, only 2% from them.

Would a 7950 still be profitable?

Barely.

The profit is after you've counted out the power usage as well?

Yep.

May 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #1,880 of 9,120
Bitcoins are very liquid now, it's very easy to convert them to USD or whatever you want.  If you are lazy and don't want to really deal with too much tech you can just use an online wallet, which should be fine as long as you don't plan on holding onto any coins for too long.
If you're thinking of buying a new card now solely for the purpose of mining though it's doubtful that you'll break even anytime soon.  A properly set up 7950 mines at approximately 400mh/s, and a 7970 should be close to 600mh/s.  You can calculate the earnings per day with a calculator like this one:
http://dustcoin.com/mining
It's probably going to come out to about $2-3 per day.  Keep in mind though that the amount you make will be steadily decreasing as the overall mining speed of the community increases, which it has been doing at a very steady and rapid rate.  If you're thinking of buying cards to mine and make money that's simply not going to happen anymore.  If you want to make back a good portion of your card that's definitely still doable though.

May 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #1,882 of 9,120
Great that the next gen consoles are based on AMD, will be interesting to see what stems from the change.

People are claiming that the PS4 is using Directx11 which I doubt would be of any use unless the PS4 is Windows based.  Highly unlikely!  Its going to be hard enough to compete in costs, but to pay Microsoft a premium would be reckless.

I think the PS4 may promote linux / opengl, which could go hand in hand with Steam's linux port.  

Either way AMD should have improved drivers, and engines should be better optimized for the PC.  I'd like to see the PS4 die the same death as the dreamcast, oh the irony!  At the same time I'd really like better AMD support on linux....

May 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,883 of 9,120
Quote:
Great that the next gen consoles are based on AMD, will be interesting to see what stems from the change.

People are claiming that the PS4 is using Directx11 which I doubt would be of any use unless the PS4 is Windows based.  Highly unlikely!  Its going to be hard enough to compete in costs, but to pay Microsoft a premium would be reckless.

I think the PS4 may promote linux / opengl, which could go hand in hand with Steam's linux port.  

Either way AMD should have improved drivers, and engines should be better optimized for the PC.  I'd like to see the PS4 die the same death as the dreamcast, oh the irony!  At the same time I'd really like better AMD support on linux....

Don't like linux so don't give a schiit about that.

I agree Sony aren't going to use DX.

May 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #1,885 of 9,120
Either way, they are both x86. This means AWESOME ability for games to be cross platform of PC/Xbone/PS4. And less schitty ports. 
Except for the controls... Also, the One has a windows kernel, so hopefully games are made for that too... No porting anything!

May 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #1,887 of 9,120
Quote:

From all I've seen, the PS4 will be using Open GL. Not that I think paying MS royalties for DX11 would cripple them, though. They could just take the money MS will be paying them in Blu Ray royalties and use that to pay them for DX11.
tongue.gif

Definitely wouldn't like to see PS4 die, though. With MS the only company reaching for the core gamers' dollar, console gaming would become a total crap shoot. They are already imposing terribly anti-consumer restrictions on Xbox One as if they are the only guy in town, and if it was just them, it would get even worse. And when console gaming suffers, PC gaming suffers.

May 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,889 of 9,120
Quote:
Easy to remap badly. *Cough* Ass Creed *Cough*

*cough cough* Dark Souls *cough cough*

Many games dont' have good keyboard mappings. I have to do personal remappings 70% of the time. Mostly switching keys and remapping certain keys to my mouse's extra buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back