Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #1,261 of 1,284
Having used Hesuvi with the recommended Genelec preset from Mega Switcher's developer, I was very impressed.
Hi @Virtualizerman . I'm Mega Switcher's developer, and I'm glad that you are enjoying it. :)
Most of the merit goes to HeSuVi's developer, and to Darin F. I suppose for the ooyh_0 preset included with HeSuVi.
I too hope OOHY can be updated to avoid its current share of issues.
In the meantime, Mega Switcher may be the "next best thing" for headphone lovers. It works and it's free ! :wink:

Sep 12, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #1,262 of 1,284
I'm at the point where I would like an update on if this is ever being worked on, or a refund. I haven't received a reply to a direct message I sent a while ago, so I don't think i'll be getting anything I like :).

Oct 2, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #1,264 of 1,284
im a big fan of OOYH and my favorite setup is ER4SR with a -30db slant EQ (using equalizer APO) on PBN Audio Sammy preset. It sounds exactly like its in my room.
Capture (4).JPG

HD600 w/no EQ is good too.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #1,266 of 1,284
A -30 dB tilt ? 😱 Oh boy, that can't be any good...
If we take 1 KHz as the reference "zero" frequency, you are talking about a +20 dB bass/midrange boost, and then a -10 dB treble attenuation. That's... I have no words for that. 😳
That does seem like an extreme slant to me too, but then again I think the Ety's could use a lift in the bass and some of the OOYH presets are hot in the treble region.

If the OP is happy, then that's what counts. It may also be worth it though to revisit EQ over time.

Oct 6, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #1,267 of 1,284
PBN Audio Sammy is both the screechiest but also the smoothest treble. it usually sounds better with a -10 db tilt.
ety IEMs are way too screechy and need a -20 db tilt by themselves to sound like full size headphones. but they have the advantage of only simulating the ear canal which is better for binaural recordings, which usually include pinna gain. headphones add your pinna gain on top of the pinna gain and would not sound as accurate.

Oct 16, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #1,268 of 1,284
Oct 20, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #1,269 of 1,284
I've been able to stave off updating Windows, but I'm at a point where I'm going to have to move to the current version. The one thing that is holding me back is, of course, OOYH.

I've been reading conflicting reports on the Virtual Box workaround. Is it effective? I wanted to ask here before I updated Windows, since there is no going back.

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #1,270 of 1,284
ok i thought my windows is updated, but actually it's only 20H2. Latest is 21H1. Dont know why it doesnt install the latest one.
It's definitely working in this version, and I'm using it at the moment.
You can even pause the virtualbox instance to save some CPU power and itll work fine.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #1,271 of 1,284
I've been able to stave off updating Windows, but I'm at a point where I'm going to have to move to the current version. The one thing that is holding me back is, of course, OOYH.

I've been reading conflicting reports on the Virtual Box workaround. Is it effective? I wanted to ask here before I updated Windows, since there is no going back.

Thanks!
I can also confirm that it works very well , dont be alarmed by the length of this workaround as it biols down to a double click on the
desktop shortcut you created for the virtual machine , that's all there is to it , also you have 10 days to rollback the update , so when you install the update if it didnt work out
Well you can go back to normal (i also tried upgrading then rolling back may be more than once (before this workaround) ) as the first time i decided to give up on OOYH
And go for the update then after few days i missed it so i had to rollback as there was no workaround at the time then i needed the update for better
compatibility with some apps so i did the update once again ...etc dont remember how many times i kept doing the update then rolling back thing , but the important thing is
i had my fare share of the update and rolling back so can confirm that it works , so you have nothing to lose really.

Oct 25, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #1,273 of 1,284
Along those lines, please post if you know if OOYH Mac works on newly released Monterrey.

Edit: Also, I don't know the details of the virtual machine workaround, but has anyone tried getting OOYH to work on a Mac using Windows on Parallels?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back