Orthodynamic Roundup
May 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #10,726 of 27,158
How much are these Audeze things? Their web page looks very bad by the way.
frown.gif

May 28, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #10,728 of 27,158
Guys, the official price has not been announced yet, and their website is not up and running fully, which is why I did not link to it yet since I thought that would have been unfair.
I have been waiting months, now all you have to do is wait a few days for the CanJam unveiling lol.

May 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #10,730 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boilermakerfan: not quite sure what your doing whats that blue stuff for?

The blue stuff is three rings of PE plastic cut to adapt ESW9 leather earpads to the YH-100s. The middle spacer isn't quite thick enough, but it's close enough to get a decent seal I hope. Going to try rubber cement to hold the adapters to the YH-100s first, then I'll use double-sided foam tape if it doesn't work.

Kabeer, do you remember if Ludo used blu-tak on the front of the baffle? I can see the tak covering the vents on the sides, but didn't want to open the drivers up until I had too. I was pretty happy with the sound of the YH-100s and the ESW9 earpads with them just friction sealed against the front baffles, but the spacers make a small bass lens that I think they need to bring them back in line.

If they sound good, I'll buy polystyrene plastic in the correct thicknesses to make a permanent set of adapters for rythmndevils as I'm not sure the flexible PE plastic is the best material for the adapters. The best material would be pre-preg CF sheets in 1.5mm and 2mm thickness, but then they have to be cut on a CNC water-jet for clean edges and I don't think Team Cheap Bastards wants to spend $90 on a set of adapters.
icon10.gif
The PS versions should run about $7 and will need the foam double-sided tape to decouple the adapters from the baffle or I think it will eventually add distortion or noise to the sound.

May 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #10,731 of 27,158
I wonder what the heck they mean by "No steel used for magnetic return path".

Also would be nice to know the precise thickness and composition of the diaphragm.

May 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #10,733 of 27,158
cetoole is at CanJam. Headphone Addict was trying to go.

Well, the rubber cement didn't hold so I had to use double-sided tape. The Yh-100s sound really closed in with the ESW9 pads, but the bass is back, probably a hair too much as there is bloom in the upper bass/mid-bass. The adapters actually sound pretty darn good with the R10 pads since they kill the bass a tad too much, but better than too much bloom, IMHO. They just sound "closed" now. On the YH-100s, does opening the vents make the bass drop off or go up?

I haven't changed the dampening yet because now I'll have to pull off the adapters to open them. No way to just peel it back a little.
frown.gif

May 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #10,734 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kabeer, do you remember if Ludo used blu-tak on the front of the baffle? I can see the tak covering the vents on the sides, but didn't want to open the drivers up until I had too.

Sorry I can't remember. Best send Ludoo a message.
If I were to purely guess Id say he would have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But did you preorder it?

No. But as long as the price isnt out of the stratosphere I most likely will.

May 28, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #10,735 of 27,158
Holy crap, I will definitely have to check these guys out. I am in SF right now, and we drive down to LA tomorrow morning for the event. The only gear I brought was the NAD RP18, HP-1, and HP-50A, so it will be sweet to compare my stuff with this new Audeze cans!

May 28, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #10,736 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by cetoole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy crap, I will definitely have to check these guys out. I am in SF right now, and we drive down to LA tomorrow morning for the event. The only gear I brought was the NAD RP18, HP-1, and HP-50A, so it will be sweet to compare my stuff with this new Audeze cans!

Nice!!! Please take pictures and if the price is reasonable ($200-$500) and they sound good try to arrange for ortho thread group buy
wink.gif

May 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #10,737 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice!!! Please take pictures and if the price is reasonable ($200-$500) and they sound good try to arrange for ortho thread group buy
wink.gif

No camera, but I will do my very best to find out everything else about these babies. I can also probably arrange to get some photos taken.

May 28, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #10,739 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by cetoole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No camera, but I will do my very best to find out everything else about these babies. I can also probably arrange to get some photos taken.

Trying to figure out a way to get to Canjam..tickets from Seattle are 1/4th the price of that from Portland. Hoping I can make it..

May 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #10,740 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to figure out a way to get to Canjam..tickets from Seattle are 1/4th the price of that from Portland. Hoping I can make it..

Now that's dedication.
smily_headphones1.gif
If you do get there check these guys out
jecklinsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back