ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
May 7, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #8,071 of 16,326
Great news from Warner Music Group on the MQA front

Hopefully a wider library will be available very soon too

L3000.gif

May 7, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #8,073 of 16,326
I will not be repurchasing all my music using MQA, I just hope MQA streaming library expands, that is the only time I will care about MQA. 

I'm with you. Too much history of failed hi res formats. IMHO I just don't see much adoption unless more than 25% of the current MP3 streaming crowd starts demanding. Tidal's market share indicates we have a long way to go.

May 7, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #8,074 of 16,326
I received my DP-X1 yesterday and am now looking for a case to protect it. It looks like both the Dignus and Onkyo's own case protect the back, sides and corners, but do not have a flap to cover the screen, which means the only protection would come from a screen protector. That seems like a glaring omission to me.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good case to protect the DP-X1 in a bag?

May 7, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #8,075 of 16,326
Noticed the same problem...
As it was no good proposal on the market - I've ordered one "prototype-custom-made"
from some local real-leather cases producer. It will be made according my suggestions.

It's going to cost about 20,0EUR. It's not so much - compared to the value of the device...
My previous device I've damaged in stupid way - simply because I did not protected it with case...

I'm promised to have it next week.
I will see what I really get.

May 7, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #8,076 of 16,326
If anyone wants some basic screen protection on the cheap, I bought this and it's totally fine.

MIYAVIX OverLay Screen Protector Brilliant for ONKYO DP-X1 / Pioneer XDP-100R Anti-Fingerprints OBONLYODPX1/12 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01919U2R6

May 7, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #8,077 of 16,326
Use the eraser butt end of a pencil to push out your dpx1 from the dignis. No scratch, easy peazy.

May 7, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #8,078 of 16,326
Given the unpredictable balanced input jack staying in the device:) anyone know of a short female to male balanced adapter one could use to keep connected?

May 7, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #8,080 of 16,326
Given the unpredictable balanced input jack staying in the device:) anyone know of a short female to male balanced adapter one could use to keep connected?

I'm not sure what your thinking is. There's no reported problem with the balanced jack staying in. The issue is that the jack socket has no physical support so any flexing or strain on the 'phone's plug or cable is reflected into the weak socket and its soldered connections inside the DAP.

A cabled adapter would make no difference and a solid adapter would make things worse as it would exert more leverage on the socket.

Apologies if I've misunderstood completely.

May 7, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #8,081 of 16,326
I received my DP-X1 yesterday and am now looking for a case to protect it. It looks like both the Dignus and Onkyo's own case protect the back, sides and corners, but do not have a flap to cover the screen, which means the only protection would come from a screen protector. That seems like a glaring omission to me.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good case to protect the DP-X1 in a bag?

See my post #8033, it also has the benefit of protecting the Headphone plug.  I love the fact that it completely protects the player but the previous/next/pause buttons are all accesible.

May 7, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #8,082 of 16,326

I just bought 4 right angle 2.5mm TRRS plugs to 3.5 mm TRRS with a short 3 inch attached cable.  Can't remember were I got them from but they were like $1.36 each from china. I plan on leaving this plugged in when I get my K10's.  Took about a week to get them.  (I plan on making my own 3.5mm TRRS balanced end cables).

Edit: here ----->>>http://www.dx.com/p/4-pin-2-5mm-to-3-5mm-stereo-audio-jack-convertor-3541#.Vy51KNIrI-U

May 7, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #8,084 of 16,326

I use the Dignis case but also use this this cheap neoprene case when I'm shoving the player in my backpack - Link

It's a perfect fit for the DP-X1.

May 8, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #8,085 of 16,326
  I just bought 4 right angle 2.5mm TRRS plugs to 3.5 mm TRRS with a short 3 inch attached cable.  Can't remember were I got them from but they were like $1.36 each from china. I plan on leaving this plugged in when I get my K10's.  Took about a week to get them.  (I plan on making my own 3.5mm TRRS balanced end cables).

Edit: here ----->>>http://www.dx.com/p/4-pin-2-5mm-to-3-5mm-stereo-audio-jack-convertor-3541#.Vy51KNIrI-U

Quote from dx.com:
Cons: The cable has only 3 wires and the female jack ony 3pins!!! Just the plug has 4 pins.. but the tip was not connected! Therefor totaly usless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back