ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 23, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #5,641 of 16,326
QUESTION : How do I create a playlist on the default app for Onkyo ? And whats the intuitive way to add your favorite songs into the playlist ?

I created mine this way:

Under 'Songs' navigation, click on three dots on the right of the song you want to add, select 'Replace Up Next'. It will prompt reminding that this action will reset the queue if you have existing queue, else it just playback automatically. For subsequent songs, do the same but select 'Add to Up Next'
If you want to add album, similar but need to select album first to view song list, there is option to 'Add All'.

After you have added songs/albums, go to Now Playing screen (the one with circular playback spectrum and album art as background). You will see queue icon (the one with 3 dots and 3 horizontal lines), click on it. You will see all the songs added. 'Edit queue' to remove songs or change the songs playback sequence; 'Save as playlist' which is self-explanatory.

Funny thing about 'Save as playlist' is that you could save multiple playlists with the same title. So what I did is playback saved playlist, add new songs/albums and save as new title to differentiate. Then delete the old playlist.

Feb 23, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #5,642 of 16,326
Dang it!  I wanted this to be my last portable purchase and then I would "eventually" like in a year or so, save up for an Oppo HA-1 and a respective headphone (PM-1 or HD800 or similar). With what you're saying. I wanted to do the PM-3 Balanced and possibly something like the 400i for more home use. Now, I'm not sure; I don't have a home amp and this was going to be it for now.

I would suggest try out the HE-400s which can drive even on SE.

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #5,643 of 16,326
When ordering I asked Kaneda that I can pay extra to receive the Onkyo DP-X1 as fast as I can. He responded that if USA shipment the EMS 3 weeks or less and FedEx 3 days are the same amount of time delivering at my door and I should not wast money. However, they have just responded that they are sorry for shipment delay after waiting for more than 3 weeks and sent them 2 emails for reminding and they will ship on 2/26/16. Do anybody have any kind of hassle like I do now?

It is typical for my shipments to get incorrectly delivered or some odd issue come up. This is my main (and only reason) for holding out for a State side release.

I ordered mine vice PriceJapan and received excellent service with prompt and meaningful communication start to finish. I chose the EMS option for the UK and received my item very quickly.
Posted 19/01/2016 and delivered 26/01/2016

Quote:
I created mine this way:

Under 'Songs' navigation, click on three dots on the right of the song you want to add, select 'Replace Up Next'. It will prompt reminding that this action will reset the queue if you have existing queue, else it just playback automatically. For subsequent songs, do the same but select 'Add to Up Next'
If you want to add album, similar but need to select album first to view song list, there is option to 'Add All'.

After you have added songs/albums, go to Now Playing screen (the one with circular playback spectrum and album art as background). You will see queue icon (the one with 3 dots and 3 horizontal lines), click on it. You will see all the songs added. 'Edit queue' to remove songs or change the songs playback sequence; 'Save as playlist' which is self-explanatory.

Funny thing about 'Save as playlist' is that you could save multiple playlists with the same title. So what I did is playback saved playlist, add new songs/albums and save as new title to differentiate. Then delete the old playlist.

Thank you I shall have a look later

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #5,645 of 16,326
Any update on folder browsing?

Did i miss an update? Thanks

Just browse to your 'Updates' folder and you should find it in there

(humour)
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #5,647 of 16,326
Feb 23, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #5,648 of 16,326
Originally Posted by Gaghiel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It listed all my library as favorites. So I have to delete manually one by one songs that are not my favorite. Not a feasible solution if you have like 5k songs on your library in which most people have at least few thousands song on their library.

Side note, did anyone experience the volume knob not working using Neutron player ?

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #5,650 of 16,326

Ordered mine same place on Jan. 23. Have not heard a word either...

Here is what I received this morning from  price japan on the order I placed with them on Jan. 23...

sorry for shipment delay.

Because our Onkyo dealer can provide only 10 pcs of DP-X1 per week, its shipment to you has been delayed.

We will ship your DP-X1 on Feb 25-27.

Kaneda
www.pricejapan.com

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #5,651 of 16,326
Here is what I received this morning from  price japan on the order I placed with them on Jan. 23...

Because our Onkyo dealer can provide only 10 pcs of DP-X1 per week, its shipment to you has been delayed.

Kaneda
[COLOR=000000]www.pricejapan.com[/COLOR]

I got the same message but shipment is around 2/26 or 2/27.
I am sad that I have offered the fast shipment with FedEx but Kaneda said the EMS and FedEx have almost the same time delivery in USA so do not bother wasting money? What is behind that statement Kaneda did not clarify in the first place???

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #5,652 of 16,326
Guys, the USB DAC update in the last FW was just a blooper or any hint of it coming true in the near future?

The actual meaning was probably lost in translation, given that Onkyo did not publish any driver - so yes, a blooper in that translation probably
Barring that misstep, there hasn't been any mention of the usb dac capability being in the works.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #5,653 of 16,326
I got the same message but shipment is around 2/26 or 2/27.
I am sad that I have offered the fast shipment with FedEx but Kaneda said the EMS and FedEx have almost the same time delivery in USA so do not bother wasting money? What is behind that statement Kaneda did not clarify in the first place???

That blows. I know I used EMS and paid the extra for fast shipping and Price Japan shipped within two days I believe and it took only 4 days to reach me in Canada after that. I was impressed as sometimes getting stuff from the US takes longer!

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #5,654 of 16,326

Kaneda
[COLOR=000000]www.pricejapan.com[/COLOR]

I ordered on the 12th. Got payment verification on the 13. Received the DP-X1 on the 19th. I used the 72hr option as well.
I also ordered the dignis and the van nuys cases through zenmarket. I have the dignis and the van nuys is on the way. The dignis is awesome. Plus it keeps your memory cards secure.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #5,655 of 16,326
That blows. I know I used EMS and paid the extra for fast shipping and Price Japan shipped within two days I believe and it took only 4 days to reach me in Canada after that. I was impressed as sometimes getting stuff from the US takes longer!

So I can guess that they have 10 units in stock. These units are priority to whoever paid the fast shipment. The others will have to wait for next batch even though we have ordered before that???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back