ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 23, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #5,657 of 16,326
lead time from order/payment to shipment
1. normal lead time from order/payment to shipment: 2-3 weeks (we buy it from wholesale dealer )
2. lead time of fast shipping; 3 days (72 hours) (we buy it from retail shops where DP-X1 is in stock, with higher price. )

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #5,658 of 16,326
So I can guess that they have 10 units in stock. These units are priority to whoever paid the fast shipment. The others will have to wait for next batch even though we have ordered before that???

The fast shipment was $50 so they definitely give priority to those people. I believe every business would operate this way for any hot item that is being sold.  At the end of the day they want to make as much money as possible off the hype.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #5,659 of 16,326
The fast shipment was $50 so they definitely give priority to those people. I believe every business would operate this way for any hot item that is being sold.  At the end of the day they want to make as much money as possible off the hype.

I do not where are you located but what Kaneda told me USA shipment is different than other country. I have stated that I was willing to pay extra but he said I did not need to. If he would tell me pay extra for fast shipping or priority to have for sure the Onkyo DP-X1 in hand in 3 days I would not mind to avoid any hassle of saving money. Once everything is done and I have to wait more than 3 weeks with 2 emails sent to remind them or if there will be anything stuck please let me know. And I got his email yesterday said shipment is delayed because they only have 10 units a week from the supplier.
I had a wait for couple months from other audio gears but they always announced from time to time explaining why the wait.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #5,660 of 16,326
I do not where are you located but what Kaneda told me USA shipment is different than other country. I have stated that I was willing to pay extra but he said I did not need to. If he would tell me pay extra for fast shipping or priority to have for sure the Onkyo DP-X1 in hand in 3 days I would not mind to avoid any hassle of saving money. Once everything is done and I have to wait more than 3 weeks with 2 emails sent to remind them or if there will be anything stuck please let me know. And I got his email yesterday said shipment is delayed because they only have 10 units a week from the supplier.
I had a wait for couple months from other audio gears but they always announced from time to time explaining why the wait.

Yet another reason why my "Purchase Now" button hasn't been clicked. Though, it is still hard not to press it. When I checked PriceJapan's site. I could get the Player, Screen protector and leather case, with the $50 rush shipping for a total of $709 US. Almost too hard not to just purchase. That is, if I read it correctly.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #5,661 of 16,326
Yet another reason why my "Purchase Now" button hasn't been clicked. Though, it is still hard not to press it. When I checked PriceJapan's site. I could get the Player, Screen protector and leather case, with the $50 rush shipping for a total of $709 US. Almost too hard not to just purchase. That is, if I read it correctly.

Yes, it is about the right amount you pay. I paid $660 including EMS shipping. The benefit you get the Onkyo DP-X1 now is first to avoid paying extra almost $200 in April (maybe more because of the hype- I can see Amazon selling for $974.00 per unit?)

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #5,662 of 16,326
Yes, it is about the right amount you pay. I paid $660 including EMS shipping. The benefit you get the Onkyo DP-X1 now is first to avoid paying extra almost $200 in April (maybe more because of the hype- I can see Amazon selling for $974.00 per unit?)

That is scary. Do we know if that will be the case?  I'm also looking at a comparison of the DP-X1 vs the X7 with Balanced Amp module. I also see that the K5 has balanced out as well. That seems like a nice option as well. I'm still reading through this thread, so if they have been compared; I apologize.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #5,663 of 16,326
That is scary. Do we know if that will be the case?  I'm also looking at a comparison of the DP-X1 vs the X7 with Balanced Amp module. I also see that the K5 has balanced out as well. That seems like a nice option as well. I'm still reading through this thread, so if they have been compared; I apologize.

I have read through and it seems like Onkyo DP-X1 is the winner in most features compared to X7. Hence, I have decided to buy from PriceJapan.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #5,664 of 16,326

I'm located in USA.  There is a pretty simple reason why they might have explained this to you.  Fedex shipping is almost if not more than double the cost of EMS shipping for them to ship.  They do not get to keep this money because Fedex shipping is more expensive. So no matter which shipping option you choose they don't get to make extra money off the shipping service which is why they probably told you it wasn't necessary.

The 3 day shipping fee is a add on which they get to keep the entire amount. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #5,666 of 16,326
EMS is even faster than Fedex in some instances
smily_headphones1.gif
like literally getting from Japan to your 2 days ....that is damn fast for oversea shipping

Yes it is and in most case slightly cheaper than FedEx.  However, since it will be delivered by USPS, you may not be able to wave the signature, which you can do with FedEx (plus better tracking.)

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #5,667 of 16,326
I have read on here of people having issues running Tidal. Does this remain a good DAP for Tidal?
I don't listen to music in any other format.

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #5,668 of 16,326
I'm located in USA.  There is a pretty simple reason why they might have explained this to you.  Fedex shipping is almost if not more than double the cost of EMS shipping for them to ship.  They do not get to keep this money because Fedex shipping is more expensive. So no matter which shipping option you choose they don't get to make extra money off the shipping service which is why they probably told you it wasn't necessary.

The 3 day shipping fee is a add on which they get to keep the entire amount. 

I wanted less trouble so I choose EMS as Kaneda warned me. Why would I had to pay more for hassle?

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #5,670 of 16,326
For Tidal, I would say go with Zx2 ?

Thanks for the reply. Care to say why?
I have never been keen on Sony products.
Currently I use an Onkyo DAC/Amp that I like. I am hoping that the DPX-1 has a similar sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back