ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 25, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #1,503 of 16,326
 I have been reading about that but would rather have a seperate DAP.

Certainly seeing your point. This dap does have balanced output vs V10 as a mid-tier Dap only. I would pick this one vs V10 all day long. But v10 is extremely of value when it comes to having both a smartphone and somewhat into high-end sound quality as well. All of a sudden, the v10 makes other mid-tier daps irrelevant

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #1,504 of 16,326
Certainly seeing your point. This dap does have balanced output vs V10 as a mid-tier Dap only. I would pick this one vs V10 all day long. But v10 is extremely of value when it comes to having both a smartphone and somewhat into high-end sound quality as well. All of a sudden, the v10 makes other mid-tier daps irrelevant

Depending on output power for the V10. If it only has a modest amplifier then it still isn't the solution for those who need more power. I'm not talking driving 600ohm headphones, but even efficient headphones when listening to quiet mastered (typically older) material need more amplification than most phones have. The DAC is only one thing, and frankly I think for mobile/portable use most DACs will sound pretty good. Even my Blackberry Leap sounds quite good, it just has crappy power output.

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #1,505 of 16,326
What's type of balanced cable has to purchased for this DAP in process of ordering one from Toxic cables

The TRRS connector on the Onkyo is the same as for Astell & Kern DAPs. The headphone connector pinout needs to be considered as well.

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #1,506 of 16,326

Not sure I'd call the V10 mid-tier (just because its also a cell phone). Tested mine against my iBasso R10 (DX100) which (afaik) is still among TOTL daps and the V10 is 90-95% close to it. Its that good.

I would rather have balanced out like the DP-X1 as well but carrying a separate dac with half the ram and possible worse UI issues/bugs isn't appealing.

Depending on output power for the V10. If it only has a modest amplifier then it still isn't the solution for those who need more power. I'm not talking driving 600ohm headphones, but even efficient headphones when listening to quiet mastered (typically older) material need more amplification than most phones have. The DAC is only one thing, and frankly I think for mobile/portable use most DACs will sound pretty good. Even my Blackberry Leap sounds quite good, it just has crappy power output.

The V10's ESS amp says it can handle headphones up to 600 ohms so up to 300 is no problem. As long as the individual headphone spec is 50 ohms or higher it will default to high power (drives my Fostex mk3s with ease). Only daps I know of that put out more power are the DX100 and Questyle QP1.

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,507 of 16,326
I got my Onkyo HA300, now I need the DP-X1 to complete my Onkyo dap collection 
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #1,514 of 16,326
Thanks. Why are they priced the same? Isn't the onkyo one considered as the flagship With better specs?

Hmm but they aren't priced the same 
wink.gif
  10k yen delta.  I prefer the Onkyo one for sure, but if you want speakers, go for Pioneer ^^

DP-X1
69,800円(税込価格:75,384円) Onkyodirect.jp

64,900 on PriceJapan
http://pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=1615&category=17

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #1,515 of 16,326
Anyone has experience with Yodobashi nearing product launch? It's still 28th of November on their site, can it be trusted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back