Okay... what the heck... argghhh... what's the REAL deal with RE0?
Nov 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 30
Oh my... lol...

I added the RE0 to the cart simply to see if Head-Direct purchases would be eligible for "PayPal Pay later". Normally, there is a confirmation screen before purchases are actually made... guess not this time!

Well, two conclusions:

1) I'm thankful for PayPal Pay later... no payment for 90 days!
2) I've got a pair of RE0 on the way! lol
3) Head-Fi sucks... I hate all of you with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns.
tongue.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my... lol...

I added the RE0 to the cart simply to see if Head-Direct purchases would be eligible for "PayPal Pay later". Normally, there is a confirmation screen before purchases are actually made... guess not this time!

Well, two conclusions:

1) I'm thankful for PayPal Pay later... no payment for 90 days!
2) I've got a pair of RE0 on the way! lol
3) Head-Fi sucks... I hate all of you with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns.
tongue.gif

ahahahah enjoy
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #18 of 30
There should be a screening to prequalify personalities which are more likely to throw a perfectly good life into the jaws of threadhood.

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #21 of 30
You can return it if you don't like it, Head-Direct's great with customer service.

Comparing my RE0's to my MD2000's fed by an X-Head and go-vibe USB DAC. the RE0's were about the same, fed straight from my laptop or PC sound card (modded X-Fi). MD2000 had more bass, RE0 had more detail, same characteristics otherwise. MD2000 setup cost upwards of $500ish. You oughta be happy with em, don't worry.

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #22 of 30
You'd have to be out of your mind to not try the RE0's at $79. They sound so, so much more expensive than they are. There's enough bass for me with my desktop rig but not enough with my portable, so I either bring my amp with me or use a little bass boost. They are a little up in the treble so some rock tracks (especially low kbps ones) can be a little painful, but classical can really sound amazing with these things, and vocals are also excellent.

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #23 of 30
RE0 really benefit from a good amp btw. I think your 3MOVE will do wonder with RE0.

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #24 of 30
Well, it sounds like I made a good "mistake", then!
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it sounds like I made a good "mistake", then!
biggrin.gif

be sure to tell us how it goes!

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gopack87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in the same position(bought the PL50 a month ago) and made the same good mistake and also ordered the REO's!

Have you received them yet?

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #30 of 30
Tough to make a mistake when you've got a 30 day money back guarantee. The only things that might bother you is the sound stage and dynamics. The RE0 isn't great with stage presence and doesn't place instruments/singers in specific locations. It's not horrid, but it's not great. The RE0 is also a laid back earphone and not broadly dynamic. Amping can help with this as well as a thorough break in, but the presentation is laid back and more subtle. Depending on personal preference, this may be a great thing or may be a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back