Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Oct 4, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #1,441 of 2,001
Had a little lan party this weekend with 5 people.

This is what came out of my basement  

from left to right
4 x Lindemans Kriek, 5x Lindemans Appel, 7 x Jupiler Tauro, 2x Delirium Nocturnum, Mc Chouffe
Triple Moine, Bink Bruin, Bersalis Tripel, Delirium Tremens, Delirium Christmas, Wolf 7, Wolf 8, Wolf 9
Ambetanterik, Omer, Bon Secours Blonde, Blonde De Noel, Boerinneke, 2x Vicardin Tripel Gueze, Sloeber, Quintine Blonde, Quintine Ambrée, 2 x Watneys

This is my complete stock ^^
http://tinyurl.com/6b3qu7k

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #1,447 of 2,001
With you living in Belgium, I'm surprised you don't have any of the Cantillons/Drie Fountenains in your stock.  I was just considering spending a bit of money to order Drie Fountenains Armand 4'Herfst and ship here to the US.

Quote:

This is my complete stock ^^
http://tinyurl.com/6b3qu7k

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #1,448 of 2,001
^ the 'problem' there is that they make so many nice ones

Those 11 bottles of Delirium Tremens wouldn't last long here..

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #1,449 of 2,001
I had this "Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout" that was supposed to be the best beer ever, but it just tasted like a regular Stout to me....

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #1,451 of 2,001
L3000.gif

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #1,452 of 2,001
They're all different. I know what beer I want greatly depends on my mood......

That said, I have had some good ones lately. I need to make an effort to write up more of what I have been drinking.

I also visited the Yards Brewery in Philadelphia this weekend. A great place and they make some great beers. Its a shame I haven't had any of theirs before. Plus they had one of their ales that was aged for several months in Bourbon barrels on tap. I love Bourbon aged beers. If you ever get the chance and are in Philly, Yards is definitely a great place to visit.

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #1,453 of 2,001
I'm enjoying some 'Herstbokbier' right now ('Autum Bock Beer')

La Trappe has a fine one, as well as La Chouffe

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #1,454 of 2,001

Quote:
I also visited the Yards Brewery in Philadelphia this weekend.

Hey I went there!  I was there May 21 to be exact, as I recall it was two days after my birthday.  It was for a wedding reception and had an open bar!  I tried all they were offering, some were nothing special, and I remember the IPA being decent.  A good IPA for me is not malty, some piney, and leaning heavily to the citrus floral side.  It wasn't exactly that, but it was well balanced.  Their Pale Ale was pretty good, I think I had more of that than the IPA.  Can't really remember the others, it was a good night.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back