Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Jul 26, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #1,426 of 2,001
dsc5148q.jpg

Elysian - The Mens Room (5.6% ABV)
- Light hop & malt aromatics
- Medium bodied, smooth~velvety mouthy feel
- Smooth but crisp light hoppy bite, mellow smooth malty finish .. bits of the hoppy bite
- Nice all around red ale .. would buy it again, 7/10

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #1,427 of 2,001
dsc5163x.jpg

Lagunitas - Lucky 13.alt Ale, Anniversary Release (8.9% ABV)
- Nice light earthy like fresh hops & grains aromatics
- After the pour, there is a nice citrusy tangy like aromatics
- Medium bodied, smooth & semi-thick mouthy feel
- Nice fresh hops taste & semi-sweet honey malts .. not bitter or flowery hops
- Somewhat orange/citrusy/sweetish flavor .. similar aftertaste, light tangy hops at the every end
- It's not bad .. I'd maybe get it again .. 6.5/10

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #1,428 of 2,001
dsc5170w.jpg

Pyramid - Curve Ball Blonde Ale (5.0% ABV)
- Hardly any aromatics
- Light~medium bodied, clean~light mouthy feel
- Light clean malts & hops .. clean aftertaste
- Looking for a nice, clean, light beer for a hot or humid summer day .. get this
- I'd get it again, 7/10

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #1,429 of 2,001
dsc5190.jpg

Two beers Brewing - Evolutionary IPA (6.2% ABV, 70 IBUs)
- Light pine tree & flowery like hoppy aromatics
- Medium bodied, medium smooth~silky mouthy feel
- Pine~flowery like bitter hops taste, dark caramel like malts .. slight citrus too
- Light bitter hoppy & tangy zest aftertaste .. sticks to the tongue for a bit
- Mmmm .. this is a very good IPA, similar to Stone IPA .. abit more piney~tangy hops & silky mouthy feel
- Highly recommend it if you're a hop head that likes flowery/piney hops .. 8/10

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,430 of 2,001
What happened to this thread, everyone go dry for the summer? I have had a ton of good beers lately, I just haven't had time to write anything about them. Plus anything I could post would pale in comparison to what Joshatdot posts.

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #1,432 of 2,001

Quote:
What happened to this thread, everyone go dry for the summer? I have had a ton of good beers lately, I just haven't had time to write anything about them. Plus anything I could post would pale in comparison to what Joshatdot posts.

But he usually posts beers I've never heared of and will never ever get to drink :)
As I live in Beer kingdom we have lots of bars here with plenty of beer. We've been going to this new pub weekly now, they have 130 Belgian beers available at all time and each time we have different ones. But then in the morning I usually don't feel like writing about them :wink:

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #1,433 of 2,001
I have tracked down one of the few places that has an allotment of "Pliny The Elder" IPA from Russian River Brewery.  The stuff is so unobtanium, there is a 1 bottle (500ml) limit, per customer per day.  I visit daily, with wife in tow so she can get an additional bottle, to pick up my rations.  This is not even on the shelf, you have to reach into storage room to find the two cases in stock.  I have also found a restaurant that gets one keg per month -- it goes *fast* so timing is everything.  Truly the finest IPA ever made, but scoring illicit substances is easier that getting your mitts on this.

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #1,434 of 2,001
Pliny has been on my want list for far too long.  Sadly, for me, I'm no where near availability.  

I keep drinking Founders Centennial and Unibroue's La Fin Du Monde and Maudite.

And Natty Ice on the daily.  
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #1,435 of 2,001
I had some Pliny the Elder on draft in Philadelphia in April, I was a bit disappointed, it was nowhere near the heavenly chorus of angels I thought it would be. Then again, most IPAs don't really make me go mad, although I do enjoy a few.

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #1,436 of 2,001
BTW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfgkU1JvMwI
Fun viewing with Port Brewing "Mongo" and breakfast burritos.  Starting football Sunday early...  Side bar:  Phil Bryte is an unusually clever and talented guy.  Fun as it is, this song is really a bit of a novelty -- check out his other stuff.  Well worth it. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #1,439 of 2,001
I'm envious of all of you with great beer selection available. I caught myself craving a Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' the other night and no way to curb it.

At least my provincial beer regulations allowed me a nice Souther Tier 2xIPA. That's a nice IPA for anyone keeping track. 8.2%ABV, too!

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #1,440 of 2,001
Currently enjoying this:

Pretty simple beer, but I really like the fresh taste + medium body of it. Also great on warmer days. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back