Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Oct 21, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #1,471 of 2,001
At the moment drinking this one. Pretty nice beer, but I hoped for more taste.

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #1,473 of 2,001

Quote:
^ Yea, I prefer the Tremens over the Nocturnum. Just didn't really like the malty taste in a Belgian style ale.

:)

The Tremens is the best Triple out there, IMO

Oct 22, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #1,475 of 2,001
img0353ue.jpg

MacTarnahan's Amber Ale (5.1% ABV)
- Light fresh/dry hops & amber malts aromatics
- Medium bodied, smooth, well balanced of hops, malts, grains for a EZ to drink amber ale
- Slight trailing of hops at the very end
- I'd drink it again & again .. 7.5/10

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #1,476 of 2,001
img0360zp.jpg

MacTarnahan's HumBug'r Ale (5.3% ABV)
- Light roasted malts/grains aromatics
- Medium bodied, clean and smooth mouthy feel
- Clean roasted grains/malts taste .. not too espresso dark or too alcoholy malty taste
- Similar after taste
- Not bad .. decent light-ish Winter ale .. 7/10

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #1,477 of 2,001

My haul last night. From left to right:

-Victory Otto, this is a new beer that's been getting a lot of talk lately so I had to try it. Victory is one of the east coasts great breweries so it's more than likely going to be fantastic. 
-DogFish Head Sah'Te, this I've had before and picked it up as something me and my girlfriend might split. Unfortunately I overestimated her liking tea so she didn't drink much and this was a tad sweet to drink in one sitting but I did. Juniper berries and chai spices throughout with a nice sweet honey flavor made this interesting, but definitely not something to drink every day.
-The Bruery Saison Rue, this I picked up to try something with Brett in it, very interested.

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #1,481 of 2,001
The Mad Elf is an interesting seasonal. A little strong, but very interesting. Just don't try to drink too many, otherwise I assure you a headache will follow.

I am trying to find some of the cranberry Harpoon for Thanksgiving. I feel like that will be a unique beer experience.

Has anyone else had any of the Southern Tier brews? I have had their Imperial Chokolat, Creme Brulee Stout, and Pumpking ale. All are great, especially the Pumpking which I think might be my favorite pumpkin beer now.

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #1,483 of 2,001
I have bottles of Choklat, Creme Brulee and Pumking sitting around that I've received in trades, but I havent opened them because I keep hearing they are boozy and sweet beers and difficult to drink a lot of.  Waiting for a get together with friends to open them all up and try them then. 

Quote:
Has anyone else had any of the Southern Tier brews? I have had their Imperial Chokolat, Creme Brulee Stout, and Pumpking ale. All are great, especially the Pumpking which I think might be my favorite pumpkin beer now.

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #1,484 of 2,001
A get together is a good time to share them. I don't think they are too boozy at all, but they can be a bit sweet. These aren't beers I would be chugging, but are perfect for enjoying on a cool night after desert or some such.

I am usually not a fan of overly boozy beers a la Mad Elf, Golden Monkey, etc. Although there are some Triples and Quads that I do enjoy on occasion. 

Actually speaking of boozy beers, I bought a Dogfish Head World Wide Stout the other day. I am waiting for a special occasion to drink that, but I am really looking forward to trying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back