Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
May 14, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #61 of 2,001
I have only tried about 3 dozen different varieties of beer but I'll count myself into Beer-Fi. Tonight I tried Stone Arrogant person Ale and although I generally tend to like stuff with more hop balance, it is some great stuff. Living in Colorado means having a lot of small breweries around. I still need to try more stuff from the local breweries, mainly Flying Dog, Odell, Great Divide, and New Belgium. Odell makes a great, surprisingly easy-to-drink IPA and the night I tried Great Divide DPA (Denver Pale Ale) I couldn't have just one. The best out of the readily available stuff to me is easily Guinness, and I don't even like stouts very much.

May 14, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #62 of 2,001
I tend to think that the beers coming out of New Belgium are way over-hyped. They're okay, but my experience has been people get really excited when someone brings over Fat Tire or a six pack of whatever else they make. In general Denver/Boulder is a very good place to be for beer.

May 14, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #63 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over the last year or so I been maturing my taste of IPA's...I love Pyramid's IPA!

Pyramid's IPAs are yummy. Rogue also makes great IPAs. If you can, try the IPA by, IIRC, Diamond Knot, or Diamondhead Knot brewery. Its outstanding! Easily the best IPA I've ever had. They are located in Mukilteo.

May 14, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #64 of 2,001
Mmm I love beer. Pyramid's Apricot Weizen is also very good. Their Hefe Weizen is not particularly great though. My favorite beer is probably Delirium Tremens. I don't really like Guinness by itself, but Irish car bombs are amazing.

May 14, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #65 of 2,001
Had a really good pilsner tonight...

401268_402_full.jpg

May 14, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #66 of 2,001
Kramer, that looks like a very hoppy Pilsner, no? Does it taste like a hoppy IPA?

Anywho, I found a great place in Bellevue, WA that has 160 beers on tap!!

http://www.taphousegrill.com/beers.html

May 14, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #67 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a great fan of German beers, though there's nothing wrong with a an english pub or belgium beer.

Kostritzer, 1st column 4th row from the bottom.

I need to hit the international beer shop more often, so far only good beer I've had is 1 bottle of that.

May 14, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #68 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kostritzer, 1st column 4th row from the bottom.

I need to hit the international beer shop more often, so far only good beer I've had is 1 bottle of that.

Aaaand a point to you!
biggrin.gif

I kind of cheated, I lived in Germany for 6 months so it wasn't really foreign beer.

May 15, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #69 of 2,001
Could you bring much back though ?

Ah, now I look I also see Fürstenberg, although imo that wasn't that great, I had higher expectations.

Well thanks a lot guys, I just found out the international beers shop has a website and delivery is pretty cheap...

Well I think I'll go with a 6 pack of Kostritzer as I quite liked it, you guys seems to like Fullers ESB and Duvel so I'll get 4 packs of them and a 6 pack of Little Creatures Pale Ale maybe for something domestic.

May 15, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #70 of 2,001
I love the stouts, porters, and bitters...

lately, I have been drinking fat tire, arrogant person, fat person, er, ...and suchlike, and came to the bleary realisation that I was drinking myself!

No Way I am going to try Dead Guy ale!!!

May 15, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #71 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
drinking myself!

Hahaha, funny. Dead Guy is great though. I've had plenty and I'm still around to tell the story.

May 15, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #72 of 2,001
So today I was at work, driving around Pennington, and I saw my old boss who owns the premier gourmet liquer, wine and beer store in the tri county area. And you know what? He offered me my old job back
cool.gif
!! I am going to be the assistant to the beer manager, who is retireing in the not so near future! Not only does this place have the best high end wine and spirits but it has over 650 different beers!!!!! And I get to sell it, all day! Buy it, order it, stock it, drink it...touch it....Top shelf beer will be everywhere!!! I'm so excited that I busted out a one year old Orval, but not before I drank a St. Peters Porter
wink.gif

I just can't believe it! It's not set in stone yet, but they need me, and I need them
cool.gif

WOOOOOOOOPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
OOOOOOOHHHYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHH!!

May 15, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #73 of 2,001
Count me in! I usually drink Hefeweizen when available. I'm beginning to like tecate also. I guess it's an acquired taste, since it's the only beer readily available at the Long Beach Grand Prix. Sorry Heineken drinkers, but I can't stand this beer.

May 15, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #74 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the stouts, porters, and bitters...

lately, I have been drinking fat tire, arrogant person, fat person, er, ...and suchlike, and came to the bleary realisation that I was drinking myself!

Dead Guy Ale tastes sooo good, you have to try it.

May 15, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #75 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So today I was at work, driving around Pennington, and I saw my old boss who owns the premier gourmet liquer, wine and beer store in the tri county area. And you know what? He offered me my old job back
cool.gif
!! I am going to be the assistant to the beer manager, who is retireing in the not so near future! Not only does this place have the best high end wine and spirits but it has over 650 different beers!!!!! And I get to sell it, all day! Buy it, order it, stock it, drink it...touch it....Top shelf beer will be everywhere!!! I'm so excited that I busted out a one year old Orval, but not before I drank a St. Peters Porter
wink.gif

I just can't believe it! It's not set in stone yet, but they need me, and I need them
cool.gif

WOOOOOOOOPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
OOOOOOOHHHYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHH!!

GIMME A JOB THERE TOO PLEASE
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back