Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
May 10, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #16 of 2,001
Meh. I've tried beer, enjoyed it on occasion (if it's good). Overall, though, one thing I've learned is that nothing replaces a good caffeinated soft drink for me. Beer is just too harsh for my taste, and yeah, it's definitely an aquired one. But top three are Guiness, Yuengling, and Killian's "Irish Red" that I've had.

May 10, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #18 of 2,001
Excellent team. I'm a purist; a common, watery Budweiser is fine by me. The better beers are just lagniappe treats.

The keeper of beer, my local gas station, is open 24/7. I've never been disappointed with their vigilance in keeping the point-of-purchase box-of-beer filled with ice. 12, 16, 24 ounce cans! Which combination to pick and how many? The chilly beers inside seem to school like fish making the choice confusing. Once I'm through gathering my selection it's off to the checker. I know them all. There's Tonya, Steve, Chip, and Dorris. I used to set my selection down on the stainless steel counter, but I noticed that lots of residual water would messy up their work space, so I now hold my beer until they have time to grab a plastic bag. I then do my own bagging. It saves time, and I think they really respect me for doing it. They have a small towel behind the counter dedicated for such problems, but I see no point making them use it.

May 10, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #20 of 2,001
I am definitely a member of Team Beer-Fi!
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #21 of 2,001
Sign me up.
I'll take a Landlord's...and I have my eye on that smooth looking golden brunette over in the corner, Black Sheep.

Blige, I'm thirsty now....
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #23 of 2,001
LOL!
I'm a skinny little guy: means it hits quicker!

3 pints and I even like Bose.

May 10, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #25 of 2,001
Hop Ottin' IPA... Eye of the Hawk... Full Sail Amber... Butte Creek Winter... Deschutes Brewery Mirror Pond Ale...

I don't drink much, being the prototypical cheap drunk. One Chimay Grande Reserve and I'm gone. Two Eye of the Hawk, same thing. Hop Ottin' is lighter but I still have a hard time walking after a couple. I do better with water.

May 10, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #28 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how many members of Beer-Fi
are also members of Beer Belly-Fi
icon10.gif

I am rather normal looking. I am not having too many of them. Maybe 1-2 in a week. That doesnt mean that I dont enjoy them.
icon10.gif

May 10, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #29 of 2,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Rymer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beer FTW! My avatar tells it's own story.

Can you get me some Fullers Golden Pride?
Or some Bass No. 1?
Or some Australis Benediction, Romanov Stout and Hodgson IPA?
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?

May 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #30 of 2,001
I forgot to mention Young's Double Chocolate Stout or indeed a really good pint of Mild...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back